1st Annual "Conejo Valley Film Festival"
5 classic movies that all were filmed on location in the Conejo Valley will be featured throughout the day. They will be interspersed with historical content presented by local experts.
- 10am Kids - "Dr. Doolittle" in the am for kids and all the animals came from Jungleland which was on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
- 1pm Family - "Robin Hood" with Errol Flynn flying on fake vines hung on oak trees and of course Lake Sherwood is named after it.
- 4pm Classic Oldie, All Audiences - "Wuthering Heights" 1939 - Hollywood's Golden Years with Lawrence Olivier, shot behind CLU.
- 7pm Awarded Film, All Audiences - "Spartacus" - Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas, Charles Laughton, Ancient Rome ala the Conejo.
- 10:30pm Young Adult Comedy - "Sleeper" Woody Allen's classic when he was at his best, just plain silly, funny, great for students.
Other movies that were shot in and around the Conejo Valley:
The Three Musketeers, The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Lone Ranger, How the West Was Won, The Last of the Mohicans, All Quiet on the Western Front, Spartacus, Gunga Din, Little Big Man, Sands of Iwo Jima, Old Yeller, Davy Crocket, Lassie Come Home, Tarzan, Dr Doolitle, Bonnie and Clyde, The Grapes of Wrath, Wuthering Heights, It happened One Night – Stagecoach, Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, American Pie, Sleepless in Seattle, Sleeper, Friday Night Lights