- $70 registration fee (due at time of registration, non-refundable)
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registrations are strongly encouraged.
- Tuition: $865
3 payments of $288.33 Final payment due
- Room and Board: $644
(includes lunch/dinner on the 7th, all meals 8-13th, breakfast on the 14th)
CLU Music Scholarships
CLU music scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each will be designated for up to three outstanding participants at the conclusion of the camp. Scholarships will be awarded upon successful admission to CLU by .
GROUP 1: Students age 12-14 GROUP 2: Students age 15-18
For questions, please call:
Students Explore Their Voice and Artistry Though:
- One-on-one coachings/lessons
- Daily master classes
- Course work in vocal repertoire (both classical and musical theatre), technique, sight singing, improvisation, performance etiquette, conducting, music theory, interpretation, movement and body dynamics for singers.
- Daily choral work with CLU department chair, Dr. Wyant Morton.
The program will culminate in a series of formal recitals where each individual singer will have the opportunity to present one solo piece. These performances are free and open to the public.
Please check back for summer 2014
Located on the CLU campus, this day program for the aspiring young singer offers the developing student an opportunity to explore the world of vocal technique, solo repertoire and performance.
- Heidi Valencia Vass (NATS, B.M., M.M., Pepperdine University Faculty)
- Angela Rasmussen Hicks (B.A., M.M., CLU Faculty)
Professional university-level faculty
College preview courses
Intense daily training for the whole artist
Emphasis on the individual singer
Limited class sizes
Due to the individualized nature of the Vocal Institute, we invite students of all levels to participate. Whether you have been studying voice for five years or just started singing in the choir, we welcome you to the Summer Vocal Institute.
It's our sincere hope to instill in each of our students an understanding of their OWN instruments and a desire to develop their INDIVIDUAL artistry. It is because of this mission that class space is extremely limited. We are offering two class groups, with no more than 25 students in each group.