We hope you will join us for cofee and career advice during this 6-week workshop series geared toward international students at CLU. This group is meant to increase your knowledge about how to search for, apply for, and interview for jobs in the United States. Our goal is that by the end of the group, you will feel more confident about your career development.
Date & Time:
Every Tuesday from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. from October 22nd through November 26th
Room D-9 (Building #24 on the Campus Map)
Over the course of the 6 weeks, we will be covering the following topics:
- Introduction to Career Services website and online resources
- Introduction to CLUpostings job database and other job posting websites for international students
- The differences between writing resumes in the U.S. and writing resumes in other countries; how to write tailored resumes and cover letters for specific positions and industries
- Informational interviews and networking techniques
- Tips on interviewing and the opportunity to do a mock interview
This group is organized through CLU’s Career Services office and will be facilitated by three counseling assistants: Denica Maravilla, Ashley Morsa, and Lisa Sewell.
Because each group builds on information from the previous group, we ask that you please commit to attending all 6 sessions.
If you are interested in participating in the group, please RSVP by sending an email with your first and last name, CLU username, and major/program to LSEWELL@callutheran.edu. We look forward to meeting you!