2013 Senior Challenge
Every year, the graduating class leaves behind a gift as a token of appreciation to the University. The first graduating class of 1964 left the Enormous Luther statue, now lovingly known as Gumby. Last year, the class of 2012 decided to donate their gift to the CLU Annual Fund and had the most successful class challenge to date.
This year the Class of 2013 will again contribute our gift to the Annual Fund. However, we have struck a compromise to balance the effectiveness of the donation with a desire to leave a physical mark on campus. Once we reach our goal- the Senior Pride Committee will decide where to put a plaque to recognize our class support of the Annual Fund. If you have any ideas, let us know!
The Senior Challenge is your chance to join the Class of 2013 and start the tradition of giving back and leave your mark on campus.
What is Senior Challenge?
Senior Challenge is our first step into the community of CLU alumni. After four years of shared experiences, it is a chance to think about the unique resources we have had access to and give back to the institution and community that shaped us.
- It's a challenge among the Class of 2013 seniors to raises money to support financial aid, scholarships, academic and co-curricular programming, study abroad opportunities, classroom and lab equipment, state of the art technology and hiring and maintaining great faculty. It basically ensures every future CLU student gets the same opportunities you did!
- It is a class milestone. One that will have a lasting impact on the next generation of CLU students. This money has an immediate impact and will be spent in the same year it is received, supporting both current and future students.
Why Should I Support the Annual Fund?
You may not realize it, but CLU alumni have already had an impact on your college life. You have benefited from their generosity: from supporting scholarships and financial aid to enhancing all aspects of student life. As a soon-to-be alum, you now have the same opportunity.
If you can answer yes to any of the following questions, you have benefited from Annual Fund gifts yourself:
- Do you receive any financial assistance in the form of scholarship or financial aid?
- Do you use computers or wireless internet on campus?
- Do you play a sport or participate in a student organization or club?
- Do you use equipment in your classroom or books from the library?
- Do you enjoy the beautiful campus and grounds?
Plain and simple- you love CLU and you want to leave your mark before you graduate in May.
Plus, give a gift of $20.13 or more, and receive a special, one of a kind senior t-shirt and a purple & gold tassel for graduation! Don't be left out!
How to Give:
- Online: Give by credit card.
- Mail: CLU Annual Fund Office
60 West Olsen Road, Campus Mail #1625
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
- In Person: Bring your gift directly to the Annual Fund office upstairs in the Pederson Administration Building, Suite 209.
For more information or to get involved please contact Lauren Amundson at 805-493-3507 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Honor Roll of Donors:
Alethea Acasio '15
Current Amount: $2,668.20
To beat last year's
class, this year we have a goal $8,600! In order to reach this goal,
we need at least 65% of the senior class to participate.