Rules & Eligibility
CLU Intramurals Sports Rules
1. Any varsity athlete that has remaining NCAA eligibility will not be allowed to participate in their corresponding sport during the regular intramural season. Intramural tournament rules will differ on a sport by sport basis.
2. Any players that are ejected or removed from an intramural contest will be automatically suspended for their team’s following contest as well. Any player that gets ejected twice over a season will be suspended from that sport for the rest of the semester, and possibly from all intramural activity, at the discretion of the recreation sports coordinator.
3. Team captains are expected to maintain control of their players. Only team captains will be allowed to discuss rule judgments with intramural officials, arguing with or harassing officials will not be tolerated. If a player is ejected from an intramural contest, their team captain will also be removed (but not suspended for any additional contests.)
4. A team that forfeits at least one game during an intramural season will not have their forfeit fee returned. Additionally, if you forfeit 2 games in a season, your team will be given an additional loss to their record for every game you forfeit for the rest of the season.
5. All players must bring their CLU ID cards to every intramural game and check in with intramural staff, or they will not be allowed to compete. Check in will be open 10 minutes before each game and continue until all games have started.
6. All players are required to individually register on the intramural website for all sports they wish to participate in, as well as read and agree to both the Intramural Code of Conduct and Liability Waiver. This is a separate process to being registered by their team captain for team registration. You will not be allowed to participate until both registrations are completed.
7. The team registration deadline is Monday September 16th for the fall, and Wednesday February 5th for the spring, by midnight. Any teams that are not registered by this deadline will not be allowed to participate. Individual registration is due by noon the day of your first competition.
8. Teams will have one month to set their team’s rosters, the roster deadlines will be October 15th in the fall, and March 5th in the spring. After these dates you will not be allowed to add any additional players to your team.
9. No food or drink aside from water will be allowed in the Soiland gym or Gilbert Arena.
*Rules will be available at the start of the Fall semester, after the mandatory Captain's meetings.
*Every student planning on participating in Intramurals on campus must complete the mandatory liability waiver. This waiver can be found in the Intramural section of this website.