Schedule of Events for Families
Visit the Parents & Families website for resources throughout your student's time at Cal Lutheran.
The transition to college is one of the biggest steps your student will take in their life. However, your student is not the only person making a transition. While they are learning how to live on their own and making their own decisions, you, too are confronted with a new set of circumstances.
Whether your student is living at home or on campus, you will most likely see your role as a family member change. Family Orientation has been created to make this transition as stress-free as possible.
|Friday, Aug. 29|
|8:15am - 6:45pm||
Come visit the Library and check out all the studying materials and areas that are available to your student!
|8:00am - 4:00pm||
ID Cards and Parking Pass
Your student can come pick up their ID Cards and Parking Pass at the Welcome Center.
|Alumni 112 & 113|
|10:00pm - 2:00pm||
New Student Orientation and Residential Move-in
The time has finally come to Check-In your student and meet their roommates!
|3:30pm - 4:30pm||
Come mingle and check out all the different offices and resources we have on campus!
Family Residential Meeting
If your student is living on campus, this meeting will give you all the helpful information you need.
Cal Lutheran Dinner
Come out and enjoy a great meal while connecting with peers and their families!
|Saturday, Aug. 30|
|8:00am - 9:45am||New Student Orientation Check-In||GSFC Patio|
|8:00am - 9:30am||
Any questions please come talk to all our office representatives.
|Lundring Events Center|
|10:15am - 4:45pm||
Library is Open
|10:00am - 10:30am||
Come and get your first welcome to the CLU family by the President!
|10:15am - 11:00am||Parenting in the College Years (Spanish Session)||GSFC 253|
|10:15am - 11:00am||Deep and Wide: Liberal Arts and Lutheran higher education||GSFC Arena|
|11:00am - 12:30pm||Deep and Wide: Liberal Arts and Lutheran higher education (Spanish Session)||GSFC 253|
|11:00am - 12:00pm||Parenting in the College Years||GSFC Arena|
|12:30pm - 2:00pm||
Lunch and Community Connection
Come and meet the different CLU offices and vendors that offer useful resources for you. Enjoy lunch!
|2:00pm - 3:30pm||Family Session: Campus Information and Resources (More Info)||GSFC Arena|
|2:00pm - 3:30pm||Family Session: Campus Information and Resources (Spanish Session) (More Info)||GSFC 253|
|3:45 pm - 4:45 pm||Transfer Family Panel||Overton Hall|
|3:45pm - 4:15pm||
Families Meet with Peer Advisors
Come meet yours students Peer Advisor!
|Seminar Room on Nametag|
|4:15pm - 4:45pm||
Families Meet with Faculty Advisors
Meet your students faculty and administrative Advisors. Learn what your student will be doing this upcoming semester with all of these important people.
|Seminar Room on Nametag|
|5:00pm - 5:30pm||
Resources for Student with Disabilities
Learn about resources available to your student inside and outside the classroom
|5:00pm - 5:30pm||
Veteran Students and Military Families
Informational meeting for Veteran students and Military Families.
|Alumni Hall 128|
|5:00pm - 6:30pm||
President's Reception and Family Send-Off
Grab a snack and meet CLU’s very own President!
You will have the opportunity to hear from several different offices around campus. Some of the family sessions include:
1. Academic and Financial Guidance
- Business Office: Learn the basics of maintaining a clean student account and how to navigate new policies and payment options.
- Registrar: Hear about how parents can access their students' grades, the 4 to Finish program, and other class and schedule information.
2. Multicultural and Study Abroad Opportunities
- Multicultural Programs: Learn about the 19 different Culture and Justice Clubs on campus, the amazing multicultural video and book library, and the other unique leadership opportunities available through this office.
- Study Abroad: A semester abroad is more affordable than you might think. Cal Lutheran offers opportunities to study in over 70 countries. Hear more about this important part of Cal Lutheran's mission to educate leaders for a global society.
3. Academic and Accessibility Resources and Campus Safety
- Center for Student Support Services: SSS supports students who want to maximize their academic achievement and provides the following resources: Students Taking Academic Responsibility (STAR) Program, Accessibility Resource Program (ARP), testing services, tutoring information, and Faculty Advisor assignments.
- Campus Safety: Learn the function of Campus Safety, how it serves the CLU community, and some steps students need to take to stay safe and protect their property.
4. Counseling and Health Services
- Student Counseling Services provides professional, confidential psychological counseling services free of charge to registered Cal Lutheran students and psychological education and consultation to the entire campus community. Students are seen by appointment or, if experiencing a psychological crisis, on a walk-in basis.
- Health Services will present a video presentation that will discuss what services are available, which students are eligible to use our office, and the cost of services. Patient confidentiality and some of our policies will also be discussed.