Graduate & Professionals Weekly
The CLU Graduate and Professionals Weekly Update is published every Friday and is distributed electronically to Graduate and Professionals. If you would like to submit marketing information, please email Jaime Faucher at email@example.com. Requests must be made one week prior to the actual event.
Research and Writing Assistance
Looking for assistance with navigating the library’s resources for your theses and dissertations?
MPPA and Bachelor’s Degree for Professionals Program- Please contact (805) 493-3431 for questions or to make an appointment for one-on-one assistance with conducting scholarly research at the Pearson Library.
Graduate School of Education, the School of Management, and the School of Psychology- Please contact Henri Mondschein at (805) 493-3012 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He offers one-on-one assistance with conducting scholarly research at the Pearson Library.
Graduate Writing Support Programs
Graduate Writing Retreat
Time: Wednesday, December 17th, 10am-5pm
Location: Pearson Library Conference Room A (133)
- Productively round out the semester or kick off the winter term before the Holidays with a focused, quiet space to write.
- Bring your laptops and materials, and enjoy light refreshments on us while you work.
- Writing Center Assistant Director Jen Lagedrost will be on hand to answer questions or help you along with your project as needed.
- Drop in and stay as long as you like to get some headway on your writing.
Please contact Jen Lagedrost (email@example.com) to RSVP or to ask any questions. Happy writing!
Get Involved with the GPSC!
Interested in making a difference as a graduate or professional student on campus? Want to get more involved with what is happening at your institution? Contact Breanne Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved with the Graduate and Professional Student Council! Check it out at callutheran.edu/gpsc and like their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/clugpsc
Graduate Student Travel Grants
This program provides partial support for graduate students to present at professional conferences and meetings. The term "presentation" covers events such as podium (oral) or poster presentations.
- A student must be an author on the accepted abstract or presentation AND present/perform the work at a professional meeting or conference. Note: simply attending is not covered under the GPT grant program.
- The meeting/conference must include a peer-review process.
- The project must be related to the student’s graduate work/thesis/dissertation.
- The student must currently be enrolled as a graduate student at CLU OR have an abstract/paper accepted for a future conference (within the next semester/term) while enrolled at CLU.
Application Process: To obtain information about the funding limits and the application process, students should send an email to Dr. Grady Hanrahan at email@example.com.
Holiday Toy Drive benefiting KABC and So Cal Firefighters Spark of Love Toy Drive
New, unwrapped toys for infants, children and teens can be dropped at any of the following campus locations:
*Bachelor’s Degree for Professionals Office (SBET 114)
*President’s Office (Pederson Admin. Building)
*Fredrickson Family Early Childhood Center
*Woodland Hills Center
Sponsored by Bachelors Degree for Professionals Office.
Questions- Contact Kristy Fenstermaker at firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates on the Fitness Class Schedule please visit the Forrest Fitness Center Webpage.