All Cal Lutheran students with disabilities may register with us to request reasonable aids and services. If you have a temporary disability or impairment (e.g., broken arm), you can contact us with any questions or concerns. Depending on the nature of the impairment, you may be able to receive some form of assistance.\
Registering with DSS includes:
- Meeting with the coordinator to discuss a student’s specific needs
- Completing the required paperwork
- Submitting appropriate disability information
Check out our Register page for more details on this process.
Examples of aids and services include:
Some examples of the aids and services we can provide:
- Alternative test location
- Audio recording of lectures
- Books in alternative formats
- Classroom relocation
- Extended test time
- Housing Accommodations
- Note taking services
- Priority registration
- Study room with adaptive technology
- Writing Center Accommodations
- Campus or community referrals
We understand that every student has individual needs. Other aids and services may be discussed with us.
DSS does not provide services of a personal nature (such as attendants, homework assistance or tutors), typing services or prescriptive aids such as eyeglasses or hearing aids.
Other unreasonable accommodations would include those that might fundamentally alter the academic course/ program or lower the standards of Cal Lutheran (e.g., waiver of essential course requirements, admissions’ standards, code of conduct, etc.).
For other examples of unreasonable aids and services in higher education, review the Myths About College Accommodations.