For 2016, the Freshman Seminar reading books include: 31 Hours by Masha Hamilton and Six Degrees by Mark Lynas. In Freshman Seminar class, these readings will be reflected on, and a copy will be provided for you at New Student Orientation.
Regular seminar groups have been assigned 31 Hours while STEM groups will receive Six Degrees. All readings will be covered and discussed in the Freshman Seminar component of the First-Year Experience.
Check out the Pearson Library's First Year Experience guide for useful information about the authors and guest speaker, Dr. Reese Halter. You will also find links to books and articles about the readings and this year's theme.
Past Seminar Readings
- 2015: Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried
- 2014: Morten Lauridsen, Waldron Island Reflections
- 2013: Peter Balakian, Black Dog of Fate
- 2012: Rodes Fishburne, Going to See the Elephant
- 2011: Sonia Nazario, Enrique's Journey
- 2010: Kao Kalia Yang, The Latehomecomer
- 2009: Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried
- 2008: Julie Otsuka, When the Emperor was Divine
- 2007: Jonathan Safron Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Past Works by Faculty
- 2016: Play done by Michael Arndt, Under Fire.