The Student Philanthropy Council's mission is to promote awareness, to instill a greater appreciation for the philanthropic spirit throughout the Cal Lutheran community, implement the importance in giving back and to enhance and improve the future of this university.
The Student Philanthropy Council was created to:
- Engage students and help them understand the importance of philanthropy
- Allow students to feel connected to the institution, in hopes of creating a lifelong relationship with Cal Lutheran
- Offer the opportunity for students to get involved on campus, promoting and inspiring pride and unity amongst the student body
- Implement programs and events that create a feeling of gratitude and appreciation towards Cal Lutheran donors
- Teach students about Cal Lutheran’s history and the financial responsibilities a university, like Cal Lutheran, faces
- Preserve the high quality education and experience offered at Cal Lutheran for current and future students