California Lutheran University will no longer be a testing center beyond the Fall 2016 Semester/Term for CLEP Exams. Testing locations can be found on the CLEP site on CollegeBoard or Click Here.
No changes have been made to the policy regarding the transfer of approved CLEP credits. Cal Lutheran students may still transfer approved CLEP credits. Click Here for CLEP and Cal Lutheran Equivalencies. For any CLEP transfer credit questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at 805-493-3105.
Current Cal Lutheran students can earn credit towards their degree by taking a CLEP exam. Tests are offered:
- Only to current enrolled Cal Lutheran students
- Only to students who have not previously taken the class in any form. If you are unsure if you are eligible, contact the professor of the class or the department chair.
- Graduating seniors: If you are planning to graduate or participate in the May Commencement ceremony, then you must submit proof of your CLEP passing score to the Registrar's Office before April 1st.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 493-3260.
Register for an exam
All CLEP exams take place in the Pearson Library Computer Lab (Room 130).
Any form of academic dishonesty will be reported to Academic Affairs.
- Review study materials and information from The College Board. (They design the tests.)
- Study sample test questions.
- Answer practice questions.
- Take the CLEP demo to familiarize yourself with the testing process.
- Pick up a CLEP study guide. They are available at most bookstores.
- Review a textbook on the subject. Save money by buying a used copy or an older edition.
- Talk to other students who have taken the exam.
- Visit Mometrix Test Preparation.
Fees for registration and exam
There are two separate fees for the CLEP exam:
- $30 registration fee - Paid to Cal Lutheran
- $80 exam fee - Paid to CLEP