Planning & Research
- Attend a Study Abroad Info Meeting at the CLU Study Abroad Center
- Research programs and destinations
- Map out a four-year academic plan, meet with faculty advisor, and consider enrolling in foreign language courses
- Apply for passport
- Submit CLU Online Application and unofficial transcript copy
- Receive approval to apply and submit application materials to Program
- Provide copy of acceptance letter to CLU Study Abroad Center
- Confirm attendance with program — deposit may be required
- Apply for visa, if needed, and finalize details for transportation, housing, payments
- Submit completed Packet (Final Clearance/Course Approvals) to CLU Study Abroad Center
- Attend Pre-Departure Orientation Meetings and Send-Off Dinner (mandatory!)
Advanced planning is essential. Visit the Study Abroad Center to research programs and for assistance throughout the process. You should also work closely with your faculty advisor and map out a tentative four-year plan.
After you have visited the Study Abroad Center and narrowed down your choices to a particular destination, your next step is to submit the CLU Online Application to Study Abroad. Once you have been approved to apply, you can start the application paperwork for your desired program.
You should start the process as early as possible (up to a year in advance), since some programs have space limitations.