Financing study abroad is possible!
Many scholarships for study abroad are available. Search the internet, ask professors, check with local organizations. You may be eligible for federal and/or private loans which can be used to cover the additional cost of a study abroad program.
How financial aid works for each program category
Student pays CLU tuition and fees. CLU financial aid package is retained, including State/Federal aid, grants, loans, as well as CLU-specific scholarships, awards, and grants; work-study does not apply while abroad.
Student pays provider tuition and fees. CLU processes financial aid. Federal/State aid and loans can be used toward program costs, but CLU grants and scholarships cannot.
Student pays provider directly. CLU does not process financial aid for external programs, so student must apply for assistance through the particular program.
Links to study abroad scholarships
- CLU Study Abroad Scholarship (Deadline is March. 15th for fall semester & summer programs)
- Asian Pacific Fund
- Bridging Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship -National Security Education Program (NSEP)
- BUTEX Scholarship for study in the UK
- DAAD Scholarship for study in Germany
- DiversityAbroad.com Scholarship
- FH JOANNEUM (CLU Program)
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Foundation for Global Scholars
- Funding for US Study
- Fulbright Program
- Generation Study Abroad Excellene & Travel Awards to New Zealand
- Gilman Scholarship for Study Abroad (For Pell Grant recipients-the deadline is March 3)
- Go Overseas Scholarship to New Zealand
- IIE Passport: Study Abroad Funding
- InternationalStudent.com - Video Contest
- International Studies Abroad
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarship
- Student Diplomat Essay Competition
- Transitions Abroad
- Whitaker Grants for Overseas Biomedical Engineering Study or Research