Youth Ministry Training Event
August 6-8, 2015
We have intentionally planned this event to overlap with Invitation to Service so that you can bring youth and young adults along who are ready to explore their vocation as a Christian and the possibility of ministry in the Church.
Full time? Part time? Volunteer? Paid? Underpaid? If you're a Youth Worker of any kind, we have professional development for you!
All are welcome! Whether you attend for the recognition or for the continuing education, the fellowship and networking opportunities are priceless.
Training Event Goals
- Enhance the basic youth ministry leadership skills of each participant
- Provide youth workers in Region II of the ELCA with an affordable and time-efficient program
- Create a venue for youth workers in Region II to network and exchange ideas
To cover the many aspects of youth ministry, our program offers several unique levels of training. Participants who complete the four tracks will be offered Region 2 recognition. For more information, contact Pr. Rick Schowalter at SYMCN1@aol.com or 619-479-1733.
Track 1 - Nuts & Bolts
- Learn the tools of the trade!
- Dig into communication, organization, and philosophy.
Track 2 - Youth Ministry Application
- Learn how to use the tools you have!
- You will learn how to build and mold your youth program.
Track 3 - Spiritual Development
- Time to learn about some new tools!
- Self-care, spirituality, and prayer will give you the break you might not have known you needed!
Track 4 - Finishing Touches
- Need more power? Now you may move on to power tools!
- Lutheran theology, professionalism, and resources!
Cost is $200, which includes:
- The full program and all materials
- 2 keynote presentations
- 9 workshops
- 5 meals
- 2 nights lodging
- The Southwest Youth Ministry Certification Network
- Lutheran Retreats, Camps, and Conferences of Southern California
- The Invitation to Service and Youth Ministry Training Committees
- California Lutheran University