Graduates of the master’s degree in clinical psychology contribute to the science of psychology in a myriad of ways. The program employs a scientist-practitioner model and emphasizes the development of skills in research and statistics.
Applications are NOW being accepted for Fall 2017! Don’t wait another year!
On-campus with a full-time or part-time course load
|Calendar & Course Availability
Fall and spring semesters (15-week terms) and summer sessions
$755 per credit
$25,670 base cost
Graduates may be involved in activities as diverse as measuring the efficacy of clinical programs, developing new methods of assessment, or providing consultation to organizations.
Receive a program brochure and financial aid options.
The curriculum is designed to prepare students who plan to continue their graduate studies in a doctoral program.
The program is also designed for students who desire to complete a terminal master's degree in psychology and do not intend to become a licensed practitioner.
Many of our graduates choose this career path and are successfully employed overseeing treatment programs in mental health agencies.
Why Cal Lutheran?
- Diversity of students from all over the U.S.
- Small entering class sizes of 15 students
- WASC accredited university
- Optional concentration areas
- Excellent core psychology faculty who value teaching, research, and service
- Two-year full time program or three-year part-time program
Taken during their second year, the specialized two-course sequence provides students clinical training and practical skills. Some examples of specialization options that have been offered include:
- Psychological Trauma Theories and Treatment & Intervention
- Principles and Techniques in Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy/Methods in Suicide Assessment and Risk Management
-Family Mediation Theory and Application
Kristina Rodriguez '15 PsyD, '10 M.S. in Clinical Psychology
The small university setting is really great for working closely and developing professional relationships with the faculty and advisors. They really get to know what your interests and strengths are. If you are passionate, they will help you go as far as you want to go. One hundred percent success, an entire class, getting placed in internships, is exceptional.