This degree prepares compassionate professionals to provide counseling and support services for K-12 grade level students.
You’ll also have the option to add the Child Welfare and Attendance specialization that offers additional training in working with those students most at-risk for school failure. After completion, you will be eligible for the Clear Pupil Personnel Services Credential offered by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Our President, Dr. Chris Kimball, would like to share an important message with you. This message outlines our planning process for this coming fall. We invite you to read his letter and learn more about how we are preparing for the months ahead.
On-campus, full-time or part-time course load
Fall and Spring 15-week semesters with 8-week Summer sessions
$790 per credit
$38,710 base cost
Want to learn more?
Let us know you're interested and we'll reach out to answer your questions. You'll also receive more information about the program and your financial aid options.
Where Our Alumni Work
- California Community Colleges
- Central Valley Unified School District
- Conejo Valley Unified School District
- Fillmore Unified School District
- Hueneme Unified School District
- Lancaster Unified School District
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Moorpark Unified School District
- Oxnard School District
- Oxnard Union High School District
- Santa Barbara Unified School District
- Santa Paula Unified School District
- Simi Valley Unified School District
- Ventura Unified School District
Child Welfare and Attendance Specialization
Current students and alumni of the Pupil Personnel Services program may obtain this optional specialization.
This course emphasizes school, home, and community factors contributing to school attendance, related laws, and intervention programs designed to enhance attendance and school safety.
One of my mottos is 'Do something you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life.' I would do this even if I didn't get paid.