23rd annual Nordic Spirit Symposium
The 23rd annual Nordic Spirit Symposium will be a two-day virtual program of live presentations, including:
- "The early history of trolls" by Britte Rasmussen Marsh, author and speaker
- "Viking Age roads to power: King Harald Fairhair and the control of maritime traffic in western Norway" by archaeologists Christopher Fredrik Kvæstad, MA, and
- Håkon Reiersen, PhD, of western Norway
- "Stories of Norse gods and heroes from the Poetic Edda" by Jackson Crawford, PhD, of the University of Colorado-Boulder
- "Stories of Finnish immigrant women" by Diane Jarvi, storyteller and performer of world and folk music
- "Sami culture and tales" by Thomas DuBois, PhD, of the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Participation is free, but registration is required. For registration information and a full schedule, visit scandinaviancenter.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The symposium is sponsored by the Scandinavian American Cultural and Historical Foundation and Cal Lutheran, and made possible by generous grants from the Barbro Osher Pro Suecia Foundation and Norway House Foundation, San Francisco.