A panel of prominent women in the music industry will discuss their diverse careers as well as their views on the changing face of the industry and the growing presence of women in leading roles. Their unique stories will cover a variety of career options within the industry as well as advice as to how to succeed in the digital music age. The goal of the event is to inspire young women with a passion for music and to reveal how these industry leaders continue to spotlight a trend towards greater opportunity for women in music.
- Miriam Cutler, Emmy-nominated film and television composer (RBG; Love, Gilda)
- Lili Haydn, Grammy-winning rock violinist/vocalist/recording artist/composer
- Sarah Kovacs, Agent at Kraft-Engel Management
- Diana LaPointe, VP, Film & TV Music, Sony Music Entertainment
- Doreen Ringer-Ross, VP, Creative – Film, TV & Visual Media, BMI
- Angie Rubin, Music editor (Pitch Perfect, Fifty Shades of Grey, Sex and the City)
- Moderator: Peter Gordon, Director of New Initiatives – Music Industry, Cal Lutheran
Doors open at 6 p.m., and the discussion runs from 6:30 to 8 p.m. with a reception to follow.