Communicate Your Cause
Friday, April 26, 2019
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Cal Lutheran - Oxnard Center
2201 Outlet Center Dr., Oxnard
Individual Members: $30
Organizational Members: $25
About this event
The Third Annual Communicate Your Cause is back - with all new topics!
The California Gold Coast Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America in partnership with California Lutheran University's Center for Nonprofit Leadership (CNL), is pleased to present our Third Annual: "Communicate Your Cause!" workshop.
This excellent half day workshop is an opportunity to hear from top PR professionals in our area on hot topics relevant to the nonprofit community -- from event publicity to crisis communication.
8:30 to 9 a.m. Registration and Networking
9 a.m. Keynote Kick-Off: “Engagement on All Levels: Leadership That Inspires Investment” by Regina Biddings-Muro, Vice President of Instiutional Advancement, California Lutheran University
9:30 a.m. Attendees Choose to Participate in 4 out of 7 Table Sessions on the following Topics:
- "Put a Face to Your Story" presented by Kim Lamb Gregory, Communication Specialist, CSU Channel Islands
- "When, Why and How Your Nonprofit Needs to Apologize" presented by Jean Sandlin, CLU Associate Dean of Interdisciplinary Programs and Community Outreach and Professor of Communication
- "Event Publicity and PR to Maximize Your ROI" presented by Diane Rumbaugh, Principal of Rumbaugh PR
- "Accessible to All: Best Practices for Successfully Sharing Your Message with Diverse Audiences" presented by Lauren Bianchi Klemann, Public Information Officer, Santa Barbara Unified School District; and Natalie Hernandez, Assistant Public Information Officer, County of Ventura
- "Crisis? What Crisis? -- What Every Nonprofit Needs to Prepare for Now!" presented by Nancy Covarrubias Gill, Senior Executive Director of University Communication, CSU Channel Islands
- "Challenge Accepted: How the ALS Association Used Integrated Communications for the Ice Bucket Challenge" presented by Stephanie Dufner, Madiera PR
- "Lobbying and Advocacy for Your Cause" presented by Jon Myers, formerly with the American Red Cross
Each 30-minute session includes a 5-minute overview and introductions, 15-minute presentation and 10-minute Q&A.
12 to 1 p.m. Lunch and Closing Keynote: "Everything I Know About PR, I Learned from Elephants" presented by Julia McHugh, PR Director, Santa Barbara Zoo
Proceeds from this event will benefit the PRSA California Gold Coast Student Scholarship Fund
For more information contact:
Nancy Mayerson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dena Jenson at: email@example.com