DEI Core Team
Vice President of Talent, Culture, and Diversity
Assistant Director of Student Life, Center for Cultural Engagement & Inclusion
Dr. Lorena Muñoz
Associate Dean for Equity, Inclusion & Engagement
Director of Athletics
Dr. Christina Sanchez
Associate Provost for Global Engagement
Dr. Lorri Santamaría
Director of Faculty Development and Inclusive Excellence
Maria Guadalupe Thayer, MBA
Director of HSI and DEI Programs
DEI Core Team Charter
Lead & catalyze DEI work by:
- Engaging with Cal Lutheran constituents and various university communities and affinity groups around DEI
- Formally recognizing and celebrating the work that has been done and the work in progress related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Identifying current and ongoing needs and gaps; recommend to the President’s Cabinet constructive and viable ways to address both.
- Using information and data from #1-3 above to recommend a clear and strategic DEI
- As part of helping to set that direction, review and prioritize organizational policies and practices which demonstrate that we value equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Develop a DEI strategic direction for Cabinet’s review and approval.
- Model productive ways to identify, challenge, and dismantle racial biases that exist at both an individual and institutional level.