CALL - Content Area Language and Literacy
The CALL training for secondary educators provides content area teachers with the tools and skills necessary to develop academic language and literacy for each of their students.
Teachers will become better prepared to help their students deepen their content knowledge while developing academic language and literacy and reach advanced levels of proficiency in language and literacy in preparation for college and beyond.
CALL supports teachers in designing effective instruction that aligns with Common Core State Standards, the California ELA/ELD Framework and the California ELD Standards and the literacy demands of the 21st century.
- Contains teacher tools to support text analysis and lesson planning
- Utilizes the components of backward design for content and language objectives
- Provides models for explicit instruction in academic language and comprehension strategies
- Includes strategies for differentiation across levels of English proficiency for English Learners
- Focuses on sustained teacher collaboration and implementation through a professional learning community model geared toward secondary teachers
Scheduled Trainings at the Ventura County Office of Education
Fall 2018 CALL Training is Canceled.
Please enroll in the Spring 2019 institute.
Registration deadline: September 28, 2018
Registration deadline: January 11, 2019
SPACE IS LIMITED! Reserve your spot today.
This training is specifically for high school or middle school Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, or Science Teachers. Schools/Districts are recommended to send a team of at least two participants. Teams should share content area for collaboration and lesson planning.
Please contact Lydia Chung for questions and registration information: email@example.com