Read2Write and Study Skills Camp
A CRLP Summer Camp for Middle School Students in Grades 5-8
August 5-8, 2019
9:00 AM-12:30 PM
$195 per student
The Read2Write and Study Skills Camp at the California Lutheran University Campus is designed for students entering 5th-8th grades. In today’s 21st Century, Common Core Standards-driven education, students MUST be able to WRITE about what they READ for high school, college, and career readiness!
In this Enrichment Camp,
STUDENTS WILL MAKE THIS VITAL CONNECTION!
They will find practical and relevant applications during reading to set them up for organized, structural writing.
Students will also develop STUDY SKILLS that will serve them throughout their academic careers.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Test-taking and note-taking skills
- Google Apps for Education
- Annotation (for targeted writing tasks)
- Compare and Contrast (for argument and explanatory writing tasks)
- Pre-Writes directly from annotations
- Structural sentence starters anyone can use
- Student exemplars to be studied
$195 Registration fee includes all supplies (binder, paper, pencils, etc.) and lunch on the Cal Lutheran campus on the last day of camp (Thursday, August 8).
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Please submit your registration by Friday July 26, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact The California Reading and Literature Project at (805) 493-3705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Sample Daily Schedule|
|9:00-9:30||Introduction and Opening|
|10:45-11:30||Hands on Literature Application|
|12:30||Student Pick Up|