Borrowing at Cal Lutheran
In the undergraduate class of 2014, 74% of students borrowed to help fund their education. They averaged $24,148 in federal student loans for their education, which is just 16% of the total cost of four years’ tuition and fees.
Upwards of 95% of our graduates are enrolled in graduate programs or employed within 9 months of graduation. Their default rate on loans within the first two years of repayment is only 3.8% and less than a national rate of 13.7%.
Loan default rate 3x lower than the national average
Tips for Loan Repayment
- Borrow only what you need
- Learn about repayment plan options: studentaid.gov/repay-loans
- Tips for loan repayment: studentloans.gov
- Keep track of your loans and know who your servicers are by logging onto nslds.ed.gov
- Consumer information disclosure: CalLutheran.edu/consumerinfo
- Glossary of terms and definitions: CalLutheran.edu/finaidglossary