Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship (VAPA)
The Visual and Performing Arts have a prestigious home at Cal Lutheran. Whether staging a play in our Blackbox Theatre, touring the world with our Wind Ensemble, or pushing the boundaries of conventional art, our students pursue artistic expression without limits.
Incoming freshman and transfer applicants with superior talent in the areas of Music, Theatre Arts, or Visual Art can apply and audition for a VAPA Scholarship prior to enrolling at Cal Lutheran. Music and Theatre Arts Scholarships can be awarded up to $30,000 and are renewable for subsequent years.
|January 1, 2017||Deadline for First Year Student Applicants|
|February 1, 2017||Deadline for Transfer Student Applicants|
The application will be available on September 15, 2016.
All students applying for this scholarship must audition or submit a portfolio to be eligible. Before scheduling an audition or portfolio review, you must have applied for admission to California Lutheran University. The process for scheduling and completing auditions differs between performing arts (music and theatre) and visual arts (art and multimedia). All auditions must be completed by March 4, 2017.
|Saturday, February 4, 2017|
|Saturday, March 4, 2017|
Created exclusively for theatre and music applicants, this will be an opportunity to audition and meet faculty and student members of the Cal Lutheran performing arts community. Detailed information about the performing arts audition day will be sent to you once your audition time is finalized. If you are unable to audition in person, other options will be available.
|8:30-9:00 am||Check In|
Auditions are not required for the Visual Art Portfolio. For portfolio information, please visit the Art department website.
Auditions are not required for the Multimedia Scholarship. For portfolio and interview information, please contact Randy Toland.
- Students may audition for scholarships within the Multimedia, Music, Theatre Arts, and Visual Art categories; however, if offered multiple VAPA scholarships, the student can only accept an award from one department and must decline all other offers.
- The VAPA Scholarship replaces (if higher) any academic scholarship, Presidential Scholarship, or Public Price Promise Scholarship the student was awarded.
- Students cannot receive an Academic Scholarship (or Presidential Scholarship), the Public Price Promise Scholarship, and the VAPA Scholarship at the same time.
- If a student is awarded an Academic Scholarship (or Presidential Scholarship), or Public Price Promise Scholarship prior to being determined eligible for the VAPA Scholarship, they will be given the option to choose one of the three scholarships they would like to use while attending Cal Lutheran.
- The student must retain the scholarship they choose at that time (Academic/Presidential/Public Price Promise or VAPA Scholarship) and may not change their award decision after they begin attending Cal Lutheran.
- Students must meet annual eligibility requirements to maintain the VAPA scholarship.
For more information about the VAPA Scholarship, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.