It sure does! Cal Lutheran's outstanding reputation will be expanded, which will increase the value of your degree. In fact, U.S. News and World Report considers the percentage of student and alumni support when calculating its rankings. A higher national ranking attracts more corporate/foundation gifts, which enhances programming. Higher rankings and better programming improves Cal Lutheran's reputation, which increases the value of your degree!
Wait, doesn't my tuition pay for that stuff?
Unfortunately, it doesn't. Tuition only covers 85% of the cost of education. The CLU Annual Fund fills that remaining 15% gap through generous donations by alumni, parents, and friends. Their support is vital to your success. However, giving doesn't just start with these constituents; it starts with YOU!
In an average year, each dollar to the CLU Annual Fund is spent like this:
- 32¢ Instruction & Academic Support: Library and instructional technology, faculty, research grants, instructional materials, study abroad.
- 27¢ Scholarships & Grants: 94% of students received financial aid.
- 14¢ Institutional Support: Public safety, IT, facilities, administration.
- 14¢ Student Services: Athletics, careers services, health services, student life, admissions, orientation.
- 13¢ Auxiliary Services: Housing, dining, campus conferences.
Giving isn't so much a matter of the dollar amount, but rather showing spirited support of your university. We hope that you are proud of the education you are receiving and want to help other future students have the same experiences.
We know that as students you aren't millionaires, but maybe instead of a latte at Starbucks, give $3 to help a fellow Cal Lutheran student afford an education. Participation is the most important part about giving.