Mask Requirements Starting July 06 (and Other COVID Instruction)
Dear Cal Lutheran Community,
As was discussed in my email of June 18, 2021, fully-vaccinated employees of Cal Lutheran are permitted to work indoors without wearing face masks, whereas unvaccinated individuals must continue to wear face masks. This is based upon:
- Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards, June 17, 2021
- CDC Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education, June 04, 2021
Based on this guidance and existing Cal Lutheran policies (including the vaccination policy), the following further adjustments will take effect on July 06, 2021.
- Requirements for all individuals in classroom, lab, or other learning spaces – As of July 06, 2021, in accordance with CDC and Cal-OSHA guidance, fully vaccinated faculty and students will no longer need to wear masks in classrooms, labs, and studios. Anyone who is unvaccinated is required to wear a mask indoors.
- Unvaccinated students and physical distancing – In addition to masking, and in accordance with the CDC guidance linked above, unvaccinated students should maintain six-foot physical distancing from others whenever possible both indoors and outdoors.
- Students will be required to attest to their vaccination status if they have not uploaded their vaccination document – Although all students are encouraged to upload their vaccine status as soon as possible at the Cal Lutheran KNOW website, students who are on campus who have not done so will be required to attest that they are vaccinated as a part of the Daily Health Check. Additionally, students that are unvaccinated will need to commit to wearing a mask when indoors when performing their Daily Health Check.
- Daily Health Check is still required for all – In addition to the conditions listed above, all members of the Cal Lutheran community are required to continue to complete the Daily Health Check prior to arrival on campus. Academic buildings remain on card access, and all individuals accessing those buildings will need to continue to complete the Daily Health Check to access those buildings. Although most administration buildings on campus will no longer require card access, employees in those buildings will need to perform the Daily Health Check to access the space after normal working hours (if permitted), and to use “Munch Money” or meal plan “swipes” at university dining facilities.
- Individuals may elect to continue to wear masks– Some individuals may wish to continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons, and may be uncomfortable removing their masks. The campus community is asked to respect those individual’s views to maintain our inclusive community. Additionally, all individuals are urged to not make any assumptions regarding vaccination status based on an individual’s choice to wear a mask.
- Departments may not make their own mask policies – As discussed above, the Cal Lutheran community must ensure that all members of the Cal Lutheran community choosing to continue to wear masks are comfortable to do so. On the other hand, individual university departments will not be permitted to draft departmental guidance on masking that is different than what is outlined above.
- Campus visitors must follow this guidance – All campus visitors must follow the mask guidance as outlined above regarding masking, and all campus visitors must complete the Daily Health Check. Departments that are hosting visitors on campus will be expected to communicate these requirements.
- Negative COVID Testing – As is discussed in the Cal Lutheran COVID-19 Vaccination Medical Exemption Request, students and employees who are not vaccinated (and will be physically present on a university campus) will be required to be tested for COVID on a weekly basis starting on July 15 for employees and August 15 for students. Instructions regarding uploading test results will be provided shortly.
Please know that there is a free California State testing site within a short drive of the campus at 1336 E. Janss Road, Thousand Oaks, CA. Employees will be given 45 minutes of paid time to conduct the testing, and employees must arrange a suitable testing time with their supervisor.
Please contact email@example.com to request any changes to existing workspaces, and please contact me regarding any other questions.
Ryan Van Ommeren
Associate VP, Operations and Planning
Director, Emergency Operations Center
- COVID Booster Information (and Flu Shot Reminder)
Mon November 22, 2021
COVID-19 vaccine booster shots and associated regulatory agency guidance.
- Respiratory Viruses and Symptoms
Thu September 30, 2021
Cal Lutheran’s policy regarding individuals with COVID symptoms, which often mimic the symptoms of other respiratory viruses.
- COVID information and Healthy Campus Measures (HVAC, Testing, Vaccines)
Fri September 17, 2021
This update provides information about the overall university COVID status, and is intended to communicate information about various campus initiatives and practices.
- Mask Requirements, Daily Health Check, and Tracing
Mon August 23, 2021
View mask requirements starting Tuesday, August 24 (for all Cal Lutheran Campuses)
- Updated Mask Guidance - Effective Monday, July 26
Fri July 23, 2021
In accordance with respective county guidance, as of Monday, July 26, 2021 all individuals at the Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, and PLTS campuses, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks in indoor public or common spaces.
- Indoor Mask Mandate: Woodland Hills and Westlake Village Campuses
Fri July 16, 2021
Los Angeles County has reinstated mandatory mask wearing indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
- COVID Vaccination Requirement and Weekly Prizes
Wed July 7, 2021
By submitting your vaccination information, you will have the opportunity to win a number of weekly prizes over the course of July. All students who submit their information by the deadline will be eligible for the Grand Prizes.
- COVID Vaccination Requirement and Weekly Prizes for Students
Wed July 7, 2021
By submitting your vaccination information, you will have the opportunity to win a number of weekly prizes over the course of July.
- Mask Requirements Starting July 06 (and Other COVID Instruction)
Thu July 1, 2021
As an update to the mask guidance that was communicated on June 18, the following further adjustments will take effect on July 6.
- Mask and Physical Distancing Changes Effective Monday, June 21
Fri June 18, 2021
This update is to modify current Cal Lutheran mask and physical distancing requirements and is in response to ongoing State and Cal-OSHA changes regarding mask and physical distancing requirements.