Mask Requirements, Daily Health Check, and Tracing
Dear Cal Lutheran Community,
Following a surge in local COVID cases, on August 20, 2021, Ventura County followed recent guidance from Los Angeles County by reimplementing a mask mandate for all indoor public spaces. The mask mandate replaced a mask recommendation issued by Ventura County on July 19, 2021.
Based on this surge and the updated mask guidance, Cal Lutheran is modifying or clarifying the following:
- Cal Lutheran masking requirements.
- Cal Lutheran requirements regarding completing the Daily Health Check and access to Cal Lutheran buildings.
- Cal Lutheran recommendations for location tracing and exposure notification.
Mask Requirement Starting Tuesday, August 24 (for all Cal Lutheran Campuses) – As of tomorrow, all individuals (regardless of vaccination status) who are accessing or using Cal Lutheran indoor facilities are required to be masked at all times unless the individual:
- Is actively eating and/or drinking at either their workspace or in a designated food service venue. (Individuals within classrooms, labs, or studios must step outside to eat or drink.)
- Is alone in a closed room or office.
- Is actively performing at a live event (additional guidance will be provided to those departments).
Access Control/Daily Health Check Requirement Starting Wednesday, August 25 - As of August 25, all academic buildings will be returned to access through card swipe only, and all members of the Cal Lutheran community will be required to complete the Daily Health Check in order to be granted access. This will affect the following buildings:
- Swenson Social Science Center
- Swenson Science Center
- Ahmanson Science Center
- D Building
- William Rolland Art Center
- Soiland Humanities Building
- Spies Bornemann Center for Education and Technology
- K Building
- Theater Building
- Zimmerman Building
- All off site campuses
California Notify Tracing System – Although Cal Lutheran Health Services and the County of Ventura are very active in performing tracing following positive cases, to assist in this potential process, all members of the Cal Lutheran community are strongly encouraged to activate “CA Notify” on their smartphone. CA Notify will notify individuals in the event they are exposed to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
CA Notify is a free service that does not collect personal information. Instructions for activating CA Notify can be found here.
I expect these guidelines may change quickly based on County case status and overall vaccination status.
Please contact me regarding any questions.
Ryan Van Ommeren
Director, Emergency Operations Center
Associate VP, Operations and Planning
- COVID information and Healthy Campus Measures (HVAC, Testing, Vaccines)
Fri September 17, 2021
This update provides information about the overall university COVID status, and is intended to communicate information about various campus initiatives and practices.
- Mask Requirements, Daily Health Check, and Tracing
Mon August 23, 2021
View mask requirements starting Tuesday, August 24 (for all Cal Lutheran Campuses)
- Updated Mask Guidance - Effective Monday, July 26
Fri July 23, 2021
In accordance with respective county guidance, as of Monday, July 26, 2021 all individuals at the Thousand Oaks, Oxnard, and PLTS campuses, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks in indoor public or common spaces.
- Indoor Mask Mandate: Woodland Hills and Westlake Village Campuses
Fri July 16, 2021
Los Angeles County has reinstated mandatory mask wearing indoors for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
- COVID Vaccination Requirement and Weekly Prizes
Wed July 7, 2021
By submitting your vaccination information, you will have the opportunity to win a number of weekly prizes over the course of July. All students who submit their information by the deadline will be eligible for the Grand Prizes.
- COVID Vaccination Requirement and Weekly Prizes for Students
Wed July 7, 2021
By submitting your vaccination information, you will have the opportunity to win a number of weekly prizes over the course of July.
- Mask Requirements Starting July 06 (and Other COVID Instruction)
Thu July 1, 2021
As an update to the mask guidance that was communicated on June 18, the following further adjustments will take effect on July 6.
- Mask and Physical Distancing Changes Effective Monday, June 21
Fri June 18, 2021
This update is to modify current Cal Lutheran mask and physical distancing requirements and is in response to ongoing State and Cal-OSHA changes regarding mask and physical distancing requirements.
- COVID Vaccination Requirement - Process Update for Students
Wed June 16, 2021
This email is a follow-up to last week’s message regarding the Cal Lutheran COVID vaccination requirement deadlines, details regarding exemption forms, and how to submit documentation.
- COVID Vaccination Requirement Update for Students
Mon June 7, 2021
While we are still finalizing some of the details, we wanted to provide you an update about some deadlines for the vaccination.