Access to Undergraduate Spring Classes
Dear Cal Lutheran Undergraduate Students,
With spring semester classes starting tomorrow, I want to make sure you know how to log in to your virtual classes. As you know from recent emails, all classes this week will meet virtually. Your professors will provide a link to the Zoom session in the course Blackboard page. If you are new to Cal Lutheran, you’ll need to create a Zoom account before you can join the class. If you have any questions about this, please contact email@example.com or call 805 493-3698.
Students who have to miss any classes should email their professors as much in advance as possible. Your professors will respond to you, clarifying how they will assist you in keeping up based on what they determine is appropriate for the specific class. Once we’re back to classes in person, if you are feeling sick, you should not go to class. Faculty have been alerted that they must be flexible with attendance policies and assignments in the event that students are not feeling well or must isolate or quarantine.
- When you are on campus, you must wear a mask in all indoor facilities, including classrooms and common areas of the residence halls. During the first week of classes, all indoor eating spaces will be closed, and you must wear a mask indoors at all times, unless you are in your private residence hall room. We encourage you to wear a high-quality well-fitted mask (e.g., KN95 or N95). If you are using a surgical mask, here’s a CDC video on how to improve fit/protection: https://youtu.be/GzTAZDsNBe0
- You must fill out the Daily Health Check if you are on campus. This will activate your ID card to allow you access into buildings.
- If you test positive for COVID or have a known exposure, you should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check your email frequently. Your professors may need to be in touch, especially over the next few weeks as we deal with the Omicron surge.
All students must comply with the University’s current and required policies regarding health and safety, otherwise, they may not be allowed on campus or allowed to attend classes.
Leanne Neilson, PsyD
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Fall 2022 COVID Protocol
Fri August 19, 2022
The following is presented to provide information regarding Fall 2022 Cal Lutheran COVID protocols.
- COVID Policies, and Prospective Update in August
Wed July 20, 2022
As we approach Fall 2022, please know that the Cabinet and members of the Pandemic Planning Group are monitoring on a regular basis the following issues.
- Summer Term 2022, COVID Protocol Updates
Thu May 19, 2022
The following protocols will be in effect on May 23, 2022.
- Changes to Cal Lutheran COVID Protocol Effective March 12
Thu March 10, 2022
Based on numerous changes to federal, state, local, and Cal-OSHA COVID guidance, Cal Lutheran is updating institutional COVID protocol.
- Cal Lutheran to Retain Existing Mask Policy
Sat February 12, 2022
Cal Lutheran will continue to operate within CDC parameters, and will not make any changes to existing mask protocol.
- State Testing Site at Cal Lutheran Thousand Oaks Campus Opens January 24
Fri January 21, 2022
Individuals now have access to testing on the Thousand Oaks Campus and via free home testing.
- Access to Undergraduate Spring Classes
Tue January 18, 2022
Learn how to log in to your virtual classes for the start of the Spring semester.
- Winter and Spring 2022 Operations – Virtual Classes Week of January 17
Wed January 12, 2022
Classes across all academic programs at the University will meet virtually from January 17 to January 23.
- Submitting Booster Information & New Isolation/Quarantine Protocol
Thu January 6, 2022
Effective January 18, 2022, all students must show evidence of having received a booster (medical exemptions will be reviewed).
- Spring 2022 Classes and COVID Status
Fri December 31, 2021
After careful consideration please know that classes will resume as follows.