COVID Policies, and Prospective Update in August
Dear Cal Lutheran Community,
As we approach Fall 2022, please know that the Cabinet and members of the Pandemic Planning Group are monitoring on a regular basis the following:
- Surges in local case counts and hospitalizations
- CDC COVID-19 Community Levels
- Changes in local County Health requirements
- Recommendations about vaccines and boosters
As you may have seen in the news, Ventura, Los Angeles, and Alameda Counties have all entered the CDC-defined “High COVID Community Levels.” Knowing this is the current situation, we are working on the University COVID protocol for Fall 2022 and will distribute it to all members of the community no later than August 15, 2022.
The University COVID protocols announced in the May 19, 2022 email remain in effect at the current time. To be clear, the guidance on masking and other items described in that note are still in place. As instructed in that memo, all members of the campus community are reminded that if they test positive after being present on campus they are required to report potential exposures on the KNOW website.
As has been the case since early in the pandemic, current COVID protocols and requirements can be can be viewed on the KNOW website. These include requirements regarding vaccines. For your convenience, here is a high-level summary of current vaccine requirements.
- Traditional undergraduate students and graduate students living in on-campus housing are required to be up to date on COVID vaccinations as defined by the Centers for Disease Control well as various other immunizations.
- Required immunizations as well as instructions for uploading immunization records are demonstrated on the Cal Lutheran Health Services website.
- As of this writing, employees, graduate students, and professional students who are not medically exempted are strongly encouraged to get their COVID vaccination and all CDC-recommended boosters.
- Vaccine requirements may change based on pandemic or vaccine developments.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions or comments regarding this message.
Ryan Van Ommeren
Associate VP, Operations and Planning
Director, Emergency Operations Center
- Cal Lutheran Protocol Regarding COVID, Spring 2023
Mon January 16, 2023
The following brief message is presented regarding Spring 2023 COVID protocol.
- Fall 2022 COVID Protocol
Fri August 19, 2022
The following is presented to provide information regarding Fall 2022 Cal Lutheran COVID protocols.
- COVID Policies, and Prospective Update in August
Wed July 20, 2022
As we approach Fall 2022, please know that the Cabinet and members of the Pandemic Planning Group are monitoring on a regular basis the following issues.
- Summer Term 2022, COVID Protocol Updates
Thu May 19, 2022
The following protocols will be in effect on May 23, 2022.
- Changes to Cal Lutheran COVID Protocol Effective March 12
Thu March 10, 2022
Based on numerous changes to federal, state, local, and Cal-OSHA COVID guidance, Cal Lutheran is updating institutional COVID protocol.
- Cal Lutheran to Retain Existing Mask Policy
Sat February 12, 2022
Cal Lutheran will continue to operate within CDC parameters, and will not make any changes to existing mask protocol.
- State Testing Site at Cal Lutheran Thousand Oaks Campus Opens January 24
Fri January 21, 2022
Individuals now have access to testing on the Thousand Oaks Campus and via free home testing.
- Access to Undergraduate Spring Classes
Tue January 18, 2022
Learn how to log in to your virtual classes for the start of the Spring semester.
- Winter and Spring 2022 Operations – Virtual Classes Week of January 17
Wed January 12, 2022
Classes across all academic programs at the University will meet virtually from January 17 to January 23.
- Submitting Booster Information & New Isolation/Quarantine Protocol
Thu January 6, 2022
Effective January 18, 2022, all students must show evidence of having received a booster (medical exemptions will be reviewed).