A. Weir and Josephine Bell Bible Collection
Donated in honor of the Rev. William Hohberger and Dr. A. Weir Bell by Josephine Hohberger Bell. The Bibles range from 1575-1935 and are located in a case in the back of the library.
1962 - present
All fifteen volumes of Campanile (1962-1976) and all volumes of Kairos are accessible online and may be downloaded for offline viewing. The project was undertaken with the help of the Internet Archive, a non-profit digital library.
Summer 2010, v.10 n.1 - present
Created and distributed by Alumni relations, CLU Magazine strives to inform readers about the University, its achievements and activities.
Culver Family Estates collection
The Culver Family Estates collection preserves some of the history of Cal Lutheran donors Paul Dodd Culver and his wife Elenora Marie Van Ingen Culver. The collection traces Paul Dodd Culver’s American ancestry to the earliest Puritan settlers in New England. The primary documents are of interest to students in several disciplines, but perhaps particularly in the disciplines of history, English, political science, religion, and economics.
Ellsworth La Boyteaux Collection of Art from Papua New Guinea
The Ellsworth La Boyteaux Collection of art from Papua New Guinea includes approximately 160 artifacts from diverse regions of Papua New Guinea from approximately the early to mid 20th century. Donated to California Lutheran University in the 1970s by the art collector Ellsworth La Boyteaux, the collection includes a range of objects such as carved ancestor figures, yam cult figures, polychromed suspension hooks, ceremonial house decorations, painted shields, masks, plaques, weapons, musical instruments, and jewelry.
Ernst Tonsing and Lucy Ballard CLC and CLU ephemera collection
A collection of objects and items from events and departments on the CLC/CLU campus.
Hopi Kachina Dolls (Georgie Kelm collection)
A collection of watercolors by Georgie Kelm features nine American Indian figures. The collection includes: Humi, Türpockwa, Pawik, Hakte, Cipikne, Soyohim Kateinas A'Hote, The Corn Maiden, and Hokyaña. Each watercolor is accompanied by a description of the figure's key characteristics.
McCall's Magazine collection
Starting as a small-format magazine called The Queen in 1873, McCall's is a monthly magazine for American women. The magazine contains recipes, sewing patterns, information about clothings trends, and a variety of other topics for women. In 2000, Rosie O'Donnell became editorial director of McCall's and in 2001 the magazine was renamed Rosie. The library's collection was donated by Jeff Wiese, an Oxnard resident who is the son of longtime McCall's editor Otis Lee Wiese. To view the physical print collection, head over to the periodicals section.
At CLU, students in the History capstone class examine the collection focused on topics dealing with women, advertisement, and society.
1979 - 2010
Created in 1971 by Dr. Jack Ledbetter, Morning Glory has continued the tradition of showcasing the best creative endeavors of students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Cal Lutheran. Back issues of the award-winning literary magazine,
Nena Ahmanson collection
This collection contains personal and academic awards of a deceased Cal Lutheran faculty member, Nina Ahmanson, for whom an endowed faculty position was named.
This collection include a variety of slides including those of the physical campus and events around campus.
October 27, 1961 - present
The digital archive collection of the student newspaper, The Echo, features back issues including the first volume and issue printed on October 27, 1961 under the name The Mountclef Echo to last issue digitized. Working in conjunction with the Internet Archives, the issues are easy to view, browse, download, and search through.
This collection includes everything from graduation ceremonies (some on film and many others over the last 20 years on VHS and DVD), and a series on the Internet in the 1990’s called CyberSurf @ CLU.