EndNote X8 is a desktop program designed to help researchers through the process of writing a research paper, thesis or dissertation. This tool will help you organize and store bibliographic citations and pdfs you find using the Pearson Library databases or other research sources. In addition, it will automate the process of creating in-text citations and reference/bibliography lists in APA, MLA, Chicago or even customized formats.
EndNote X8 is only available to graduate students, CLU faculty and staff. EndNote Basic is available free to undergraduate students, and the general public.
Getting Started with EndNote
Getting started is easy. First, contact the ISS Help Desk to make an appointment to have the software installed on your laptop. An appointment is required as technicians are not available on a drop in basis. Direct telephone number: 805-493-3698; e-mail: email@example.com
EndNote Licensing Agreement & CLU Policy
Thomson Reuters provides CLU with a license to use the software on our campus and to allow copies to be installed on designated faculty, staff and student computers. Please review our licensing and policy statement.
Learning to Use EndNote
Mac users must use the Firefox or Internet Explorer browser. Safari is not compatible with EndNote.
EndNote Workshop Handouts
- EndNote Workshop Notes with Screenshots
- Cite-While-You-Write Workshop Notes with Screenshots
EndNote Documentation & Tip Sheets
For further assistance, contact:
Henri Mondschein, Ed.D., MLS
Direct telephone number: 805-493-3012
EndNote provides CLU with a license to use the software on our campus and to allow copies to be installed on designated faculty, staff and student computers. To enable optimal support for CLU users, ITS provides one copy of the software to faculty, staff, and graduate students with the following provisions:
- EndNote must be used for CLU-related business, graduate work pursued at CLU and/or publishing activities related to CLU employment or CLU graduate studies.
- One copy can be installed on a personal laptop for puposes outlined above.
- EndNote software users are prohibited from distributing the software to anyone else.
Installation of EndNote X8 Software
Click here to install Endnote X8.
The Pearson Library will provide support to users in the following ways:
- Periodic workshops and classroom instruction in using EndNote will be provided during the academic year and during summer terms.
- Individual assistance will be provided by an information specialist by phone, e-mail or in-person with an appointment.
- User guides and tip sheets will be provided.
- Links to training tutorials are provided on the EndNote Web site.