Research and Information Desk
Subject Librarians and student assistants staff the Research and Information Desk. We can help you with questions about research, helping you with formulating searches through our online catalog, article databases and referral service, and how to access our print and electronic collections. If you want help finding books, articles or other resources for your research, come talk to us! Our practice is to help you learn to use your library’s abundant resources resourcefully and successfully.
For information and help with wireless access, technology and computer issues please contact the Help Desk.
The Pearson LibraryResearch and Information Desk. is located on the right side after you walk into the library. We are directly across from the Circulation Desk.
What we do
- 24/7 Access: Feel like staying home? You have 24/7 access to electronic services such as our online catalog, databases, research guides, our “Ask a Librarian” FAQ’s tool and more.
- Chat live with Library staff from home or from your dorm room through the use of our instant messaging chat service. Live chat is available M-F from 10 am to 10 pm and on Saturday and Sunday from 10:15 am – 10 pm during regular library hours.
- Ask a Librarian is Pearson Library’s FAQ’s reference platform service for patron’s to quickly find answers from Pearson Library’s ever-growing knowledge base.
- Ask a question via TXT by using Pearson Library’s SMS number: (805) 380-3876
- Face to face, walk-in or schedule an appointment with a Librarian: contact a Subject Librarian . We love when you come to visit us at Pearson Library!