Who can participate?
Both graduate and undergraduate students from all programs and majors in the School of Management are invited to participate in our PRiME Competition, April 21-28, 6:00-8:00 p.m., 2021.
What do I need to do?
- You and/or your team will choose a topic. You may use the suggested list of research questions or develop your own topic. If you use a course assignment, work with your professor to ensure the project meets course requirements.
- You will either submit an assignment completed for one of your courses OR choose a research topic that fits competition scope. Some professors will assign a competition suitable topic as part of course assignments, but if you are not in a class that has assigned such a project, you may develop your own project.
- You may complete your project independently or in collaboration with a faculty member. The project can even be part of an internship, graduate assistantship or other extracurricular activity.
- All sorts of projects, both individual and group, will be accepted for this competition. You may choose qualitative or quantitative research, modeling, forecasting, business proposals and analysis of best practices as well as creative and innovative ideas for new ventures and business models.
See application checklist here
Once accepted into the competition (you will find out within 2 weeks from submission), prepare a presentation following the presentation guidelines here.
The project you submitted for the School of Management PRiME Competition must be proudly presented at the Cal Lutheran Festival of Scholars. A poster/PPT is a quick visual way to communicate the main idea and value of your project. You should also aim to use your presentation as a means of raising awareness of the global sustainable development goals and issues within our community. Students, professors, competition sponsors and other community members attend the virtual session and will share with you feedback on your work. The competition judges will rate your poster/PPT and your recorded video presentation by assigning points (using rubric). These points, and hence your participation, are necessary to win cash prizes!
- Projects must be submitted by March 1st, 2021. (For late submissions, please contact Valeria Makarova at email@example.com)
- PRiME Competition takes place April 21-28th, virtually, 2021.
- PRiME Competition Awards Presentation takes place April 29th, 6:00pm-7:30pm (PDT), 2021.