Will you be away from your office during the summer? Going away on a vacation for a week? As a kind reminder and courtesy to those trying to reach you, put your telephone on "Do Not Disturb" (DND) before leaving the office. In addition, please set up out-of-office phone and e-mail greetings for incoming messages.
To set up an out-of-office telephone greeting, simply complete the following steps:
On-campus from your extension:
1. Dial 3600
2. Enter security code on voice prompt
3. Press "3" to enter the Phone Manager
4. Press "1" to enter the Personal Options
5. Press "3" to record a Personal Greeting
6. Press "3" once more to record an Out-of-Office Greeting
Follow the voice prompts to finalize the process
**PLEASE NOTE**To set up a greeting outside of the office (using another phone or off campus), call 805-493-3700. The system will then ask for the voicemailÿbox number (your telephone extensionÿplus a 0 [e.g., if your extension is 3698,ÿyou would press 36980]), followed by your security code. Then follow steps 3 - 6 above.
To set up your out-of-office Outlook e-mail greeting using the client version on your office computer:
In the Mail view, click on the Tools button in the menu bar and scroll down to the Out of Office Assistant.
1. Select the radio button next to I am currently Out of the Office.
2. In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the out-of-office greeting to be sent to incoming messages.
3. Select OK.
In a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), typeÿhttp://outlook.callutheran.edu in the address bar.
1. Log in with your CLU username and password.
2. Select the Options button at the bottom of the left-hand menu bar.
3. In the top section, select the radio button next to I'm currently out of the office.
4. In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the out-of-office greeting to be sent to incoming messages.
5. Click Save and Close on the top of the page.
**PLEASE REMEMBER** Disable all of your out-of-office greetings upon returning.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Help Desk at (805) 493-3698 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information is available at the Computer Training Website, and an archive of past issues of Tech Bytes is located at http://www.callutheran.edu/iss/training/tech_bytes/