- Honors Convocation, Tues., Apr. 25, 11:15am, Samuelson Chapel. Note: We will be on Convocation Schedule with classes ending at 11:00am and resuming at12:40pm. Dr. Judith (Quentmeyer'69) Irvin, the 2017 Outstanding Alumni Award recipient, will give the keynote address, and the President's Award for Teaching Excellence recipient will be announced. Regalia will NOT be worn and faculty will not be processing. Faculty will have reserved seating on the right side of the Chapel. Please arrive early, as reserved seats will be released 5 minutes before the Convocation begins.
- Staff and Faculty Lunch, Wed., Apr. 19, 11am - 1pm, reserved area in theUPSTAIRS Ullman Dining Commons. The discounted price of $8 + tax includes all menu options offered in the Dining Commons.
- CTL presents: Blackboard: TurnItIn, Wed., Apr. 19, 3-5pm, Swenson 111. RSVP to Natalina Parker at email@example.com.
- University Chapel, Thurs., Apr. 20, 11:25am, Samuelson Chapel.
- Center for Teaching and Learning's Lunch Series, Thurs., Apr. 20, 12:15pm, Hum 116. Sig Schwarz (English) will present "A Discussion About Teaching." If you would like to propose a topic or lead a session, please contact Joan Wines firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The International Center for Academic Integrity regional conference, "From the Ground Up-Building an Integrity Culture,” FREE for Faculty, Staff and Students This year the conference is being held at Cal Lutheran Thurs., Apr. 20, 1:00pm - Fri., Apr. 21, 3:30pm, with a Wine Reception/Poster Session hosted by the Community Leaders Association and Turnitin.com at the Palm Garden Hotel, Thurs., Apr. 20, 5-7pm. Click here for more information. Click here to register. For questions, contact Sarah Fischbach at email@example.com.
- The Creative Arts Division presents Mainstage Play, Hamlet, Disco Dane of Denmark, written and directed by Ken Gardner, Thurs. - Sat., Apr. 20-22 and 27-29,8pm, and Sun., Apr. 30, 2pm, Blackbox Theatre. Admission is $10, free with CLU ID.
- CLUFest 2017, Fri., Apr. 21 - Sun., May 14, Kwan Fong Gallery. Opening reception,Sat., Apr. 22, 7-9pm. For information, contact Tim Hengst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty Friday, Apr. 21, 4-6pm, at the home of Dru Pagliassotti and Ryan Medders, 3726 Campus Drive. From CLU take Campus Drive across Olsen Rd, then drive past the Daycare Center, KCLU, Facilities, and the Rams Training Center. 3726 Campus Drive is the first residential home on the right hand side.
- String Symphony Concert, conducted by Yoshika Masuda, Fri., Apr. 21, 7:30pm, Samuelson Chapel. Donations accepted. For information, contact the Music Dept. at x3306.
- Shenanigans: Senior Art Show 2017, Sat., Apr. 22 - Sat., May 13, William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art. Opening reception, Sat., Apr. 22, 5pm. Artists talks: Fri., Apr. 28, 2pm.
- 46th Annual Honors Banquet – Fri., Apr, 28, 5:30pm, Westlake Hyatt, 880 S. Westlake Blvd. Please RSVP to Randy Toland email@example.com .
- Artist and Speakers Committee - the deadline to apply for funding for the 2017-18 school year is May 1, 2017. The purpose of the funding is to help enhance the intellectual and artistic quality of life at the University by inviting distinguished artists and speakers. The committee welcomes applications from faculty, staff, and students. The application can be found on the Academic Affairs website or click here. For information, contact Michael Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drivers needed for GEOL 111 (Physical Geology) Owens Valley 3-day/2-night camping field trip, Fri., Apr. 21- Sun., Apr. 23. We will drive 8-passenger rental SUV’s to the Owens Valley/Eastern Sierra. Overnight camping in Lone Pine and near Mono Lake. Besides geology stops we will also make a stop at the Manzanar National Historic Site. To volunteer, please contact Bill Bilodeau at email@example.com.
- Don’t Cancel That Class – The Division of Student Affairs is pleased to offer Don’t Cancel That Class to faculty members who may be away for conference travel, meetings, etc. You may request a Student Affairs staff member to present on a particular topic (e.g., job interview skills, dealing with test anxiety, program planning, etc.) or welcome them to present on the topic of their choice. To make arrangements for an upcoming class, please contact Coordinator for Residence Life and Student Conduct, Caitlin Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Writing Center is hosting a summer multiliteracy & writing camp for young writers (9-11 olds) to create, write, and perform. CLU staff and faculty members receive $50 off the regular camp fee ($299). Click here for more details and application information.
Contact Scott Chiu (email@example.com) x3785 for any questions.