- The 2017 Festival of Scholars, Apr. 24-28. Click here for the Festival of Scholars website. For information, email email@example.com or contact Ashley Fessenden x3795.
- Sabbatical Presentations, Mon., Apr. 24, 3-4:30pm, Swenson 101. All faculty are invited to hear brief Sabbatical project presentations from faculty who have recently been on Sabbatical. Schannae Lucas (Criminal Justice), Veronica Guerrero (School of Management), Nathan Carlson (Mathematics), Michael Brint (Political Science), Robert Meadows (Criminal Justice), Paul Williams (School of Management), Maureen Lorimer (Graduate School of Education), Susan Murphy (School of Management), Mark Spraggins (Music), Carol Coman (School of Management), Jodie Kocur (Psychology) and Karen Renick (French) will be presenting.
- Honors Convocation, Tues., Apr. 25, 11:15am, Samuelson Chapel. Note: We will be on Convocation Schedule with classes ending at 11:00am and resuming at12:40pm. Dr. Judith (Quentmeyer'69) Irvin, the 2017 Outstanding Alumni Award recipient, will give the keynote address, and the President's Award for Teaching Excellence recipient will be announced. Regalia will NOT be worn and faculty will not be processing. Faculty will have reserved seating on the right side of the Chapel. Please arrive early, as reserved seats will be released 5 minutes before the Convocation begins.
- All faculty are invited to the Provost's Reception for Faculty Authors and Grant Recipients, Tues., Apr. 25, 5pm, Rolland Art Gallery. For information, contact Kelly Owens at KOwens@CalLutheran.edu.
- Wind Ensemble Festival of Scholars Concert, Tues., Apr. 25, 7:30pm, Samuelson Chapel. Donations accepted.
- Staff and Faculty Lunch, Wed., Apr. 26, 11am - 1pm, reserved area in theUPSTAIRS Ullman Dining Commons. The discounted price of $8 + tax includes all menu options offered in the Dining Commons.
- CTL presents Strategies for Improving Your PowerPoints, Wed., Apr. 26, 12-1pm, SBET 127. Click here to register. For information contact Kaitlin Hodgdon firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CTL presents: Blackboard: Copy and Move Course Content. Wed., Apr. 26, 3-5pm, Swenson 111. RSVP to Natalina Parker at email@example.com.
- International Film Festival presents Amelie (Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain, France, 2001), Wed., Apr. 26, 7pm, Muvico Thousand Oaks 14, 166 W. Hillcrest Dr. Admission is free. For information, contact Karen Renick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University Chapel, Thurs., Apr. 27, 11:25am, Samuelson Chapel.
- Center for Teaching and Learning's Lunch Series, Thurs., Apr. 27, 12:15pm, Hum 116. Rebecca Lessem (Panopto Rep) presents "About Panopto: New Features andUsing the Lecture Capture System for Anytime Viewing of Lecture Material." If you would like to propose a topic or lead a session, please contact Joan Wines email@example.com.
- New Venture Competition 2017, Thurs., Apr. 27, 4-8pm, Lundring Events Center, hosted by the Center for Entrepreneurship. Admission is free, but registration is required. Click here to register.
- The Creative Arts Division presents Mainstage Play, Hamlet, Disco Dane of Denmark, written and directed by Ken Gardner, Thurs. - Sat., Apr. 27-29, 8pm, andSun., Apr. 30, 2pm, Blackbox Theatre. Admission is $10, free with CLU ID.
- Shenanigans: Senior Art Show 2017, Sat., Apr. 22 - Sat., May 13, William Rolland Gallery of Fine Art. Artists talks: Fri., Apr. 28, 2pm.
- 46th Annual Honors Banquet – Fri., Apr, 28, 5:30pm, Westlake Hyatt, 880 S. Westlake Blvd. Please RSVP to Randy Toland firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Artist and Speakers Committee - the deadline to apply for funding for the 2017-18 school year is May 1, 2017. The purpose of the funding is to help enhance the intellectual and artistic quality of life at the University by inviting distinguished artists and speakers. The committee welcomes applications from faculty, staff, and students. The application can be found on the Academic Affairs website or click here. For information, contact Michael Hart at email@example.com.
- CLUFest 2017, Fri., Apr. 21 - Sun., May 14, Kwan Fong Gallery. For information, contact Tim Hengst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Lutheran University and the Association of Lutheran College Faculties invite proposals for the 2017 meeting of ALCF on Cal Lutheran’s campus, September 29-30. Recognizing the 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther, the theme is “Re-Forming Communities: Toward the Next 500 Years.” Submissions are now open, with a deadline of June 15th. Please visit the website at https://www.callutheran.edu/special-events/alcf/ for submission details and conference registration. For questions, contact Tim Hengst, President, Association of Lutheran College Faculties, at email@example.com.
- The Writing Center is hosting a summer multiliteracy & writing camp for young writers (9-11 olds) to create, write, and perform. CLU staff and faculty members receive $50 off the regular camp fee ($299). Click here for more details and application information.
Contact Scott Chiu (firstname.lastname@example.org) x3785 for any questions.