- Note to All Faculty: According to the faculty handbook, it is your responsibility to initiate application for promotion as you are eligible. If you are eligible and would like to apply for promotion next year you need to complete the Declaration and Peer Evaluator Form by February 15. It can be found online Here (you will need to log in with your CLU username and password first – the form begins by entering your Chair and Dean information). You will receive a confirmation email once it has been submitted. If you have any questions, contact Karissa Oien at email@example.com.
- Adjunct and Faculty overload contracts for the Spring Semester were run on the first day of classes, Wed., Jan. 17. They will be mailed this week. If your enrollment goes up after the first day of classes, or you add a tutorial, you will need to notify Jason Lopez at firstname.lastname@example.org for your contract to be updated. The contracts are paid out February through May.
- New Accommodate Software: Academic Services and DSS is pleased to announce the implementation of new software, Accommodate, to support the providing of services for students with disabilities. Accommodate will provide you the following information:
- Information regarding students that have activated services in your courses.
- Information regarding any notetake accommodations that may occur in your courses.
- Information regarding testing accommodations.
- In order to access Accommodate:
- Log into the MyCLU portal
- Click on the "Accommodate-Faculty" link in the Tools section
- Click on the Course tab in Accommodate.
- Select one of your courses.
- Click on the Enrolled Students tab.
- A tutorial video will be posted to the DSS website by the end of next week. In addition, the website also has a list of the accommodations listed in the Accommodate software, along with additional description information. If you have any questions, please contact Maria Kohnke email@example.com or Wendy Jimenez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff and Faculty Lunch, Wed., Jan. 24, 11am - 1pm, reserved area in theUPSTAIRS Ullman Dining Commons. The discounted price of $8 + tax includes all menu options offered in the Dining Commons.
- University Chapel, Thurs., Jan. 25, 11:25am Samuelson Chapel. Stephanie Hessemer (Alumni) will be speaking.
- Center for Teaching and Learning's Lunch Series, Thurs., Jan. 25, 12:15pm, Hum 124 (Note room change). Cia De Martino (CTL Director) will speak on "Getting Involved with Teaching Triangles." If you would like to propose a topic or lead a session, please contact Joan Wines at email@example.com.
- Festival of Scholars: The last day to plan a session to be included in the 2018 Festival of Scholars is Fri., Jan. 26. Please click here to complete the Session Request Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or Ashley Fessenden at MC 1425.
- Don’t Cancel That Class – The Division of Student Affairs is pleased to offer Don’t Cancel That Class to faculty members who may be away for conference travel, meetings, etc. You may request a Student Affairs staff member to present on a particular topic (e.g., job interview skills, dealing with test anxiety, financial literacy, etc.) or welcome them to present on the topic of their choice. To make arrangements for an upcoming class, please contact Senior Coordinator for Residence Life and Student Conduct, Caitlin Hodges at email@example.com.
- The Hewlett Grant application deadline is Thurs., Feb. 1. Click here for specific application information.
- Latinx Faculty/Staff Affinity Group - Join the group that was created to support, encourage and empower Latino/a faculty and staff on campus. Meetings take place several times a semester. For information, contact Elena Jaloma firstname.lastname@example.org or Paloma Vargas at email@example.com.