Blackboard is an invaluable tool that can greatly enhance your courses. Here you'll find guides and references to help you make the most of Blackboard.
Learn how to use the core features of Blackboard. Tutorials are in PDF format unless otherwise noted.
- How to Access Your Blackboard Courses
- The Basics of Blackboard
- Understanding the Menu Buttons
- Getting Started with the Course Environment
- Upload a Single File [video]
- Copy a Course Folder to Another Course
- Discussion Boards [video]
- Hide a Discussion Forum
- Track Students' Activities on a Single Item in Blackboard
- Move Content Within a Course
- Delete an Item or File
- Adding Avatar to Blackboard
- Video: Blackboard Tips and Tricks
- Create a Web Link [video]
- Working with the Content Area [video]
Midterm and final grades cannot be transferred automatically from Blackboard to WebAdvisor: you need to enter the letter grade manually.
To copy materials from one course to another, make sure you are listed as Instructor in both sections. Each class will need to be active in the Blackboard course view.
To see if your course has been released yet, view the course creation schedule. If it should have already been released, you might not be associated with it. Contact your department head and the registrar so they can get you into the system. After they do, your course will appear automatically in your MyCLU course list.