The purpose of CLU’s Academic Program Review is to improve programs through a focused, in-depth self-study completed by faculty. A Program Review is a continuous, collaborative process of gathering, interpreting, reflecting upon and using data to inform decision making and culminating in a Program Review Report.
Step 1: Meet with EEIR
To get started, contact us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- LIST WHAT THE MEETING IS ABOUT
- WHAT DO THEY NEED TO PREPARE?
- The Report
In summary, the Program Review report:
- Documents academic quality and the extent to which students are meeting learning outcomes;
- Set standards and expectations for learning (by comparison to the discipline and specific comparison university programs.
- Demonstrates educational effectiveness by assessing student learning outcomes;
- Acknowledges program strengths; and
- Seeks ways of further enhancing the quality of a program.
- The Process
The Program Review is intended to be a meaningful process. The overall expectation of our Program Review process is for faculty to be engaged in continuous, ongoing data collection about student performance, student competence, and program effectiveness. The process is characterized by the following elements:
- Use of Mission, Strategic Plan, University and Program Learning Outcomes to guide the Program Review. Learning Outcomes describe what the student will be able to perform, under what conditions, and the measurable results or product attained;
- Involvement of faculty with the CLU community of administrators, students, alumni, and employers;
- Assessment of educational effectiveness through a self-study of Program and individual courses;
- Use of multiple assessment methods; quantitative and qualitative data; and student learning outcomes data to document that students are learning what we say we’re teaching;
- Review and analysis of data to assess progress towards achievement of learning and to inform decision making;
- Informed recommendations and actions based on analysis;
- Yearly action plans for the next six years.