Each year the Provost's office recognizes Cal Lutheran faculty and staff who have been awarded grants and contracts or have authored new works. This reception coincides with California Lutheran University’s Festival of Scholars in the spring of each year, which showcases scholarly work of our CLU community.
2020 Grant Recipient and Author Honorees
- Grants & Contracts
- Rose Aslan - from the American Religious Sounds Project at Ohio State University for creating a multimedia project documenting the sounds of Islam; and from the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Religion for a fellowship for early career religion professors.
- Brian Collins – from Pomona College’s Arnold L. Graves and Lois S. Graves Award, which will be used for the Summer Philosophy Institute for high school students.
- Cynthia Duarte, Matthew Ward and Kelly Owens – from Americorps for the Civic Action Fellows program.
- Matthew Fienup and Dan Hamilton – from AgriBank to provide the U.S. Quarterly Economic Forecast; from the Southern California Association of Governments to serve as on-call economic advisors for Ventura County; from CoBank and The Nature Conservancy to support the Fox Canyon Water Market; and from the Latino Donors Collaborative to provide the Latino GDP Report.
- Sergio Galvez – from Edison International Foundation for STEM support and scholarships for Upward Bound students.
- Rick Holigrocki and Ekta Kumar – from California Community Foundation and the Foundation of Ventura County Credit Union for counseling related to the Woolsey Fire; and from the National Alliance on Mental Illness to provide counseling for those referred from ELCA churches.
- Dena Jenson – from the Amgen Foundation for the Nonprofit Resiliency Institute.
- Cindy Keitel and Michaela Reaves – from the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation for a history lecture series for the community.
- Cindy Lewis – from Bank of America and Limoneira for the 4 A Cause Nonprofit Internship Program.
- Delil Martinez – from the Council for Undergraduate Research in Mathematics for an academic-year research group for undergraduates.
- Scott Maxwell-Doherty – from the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America for coordination of the Western States Youth Gathering.
- Jessica Lavariega Monforti – from the National Science Foundation through a subaward from University of Texas to evaluate science educational outreach to Hispanic students and families in Rio Grande Valley.
- Book Authors & Editors
- Trudy Arriaga – Leading While Female
- Chia-Li Chien – Enhancing retirement success rates in the United States: leveraging reverse mortgages, delaying social security, and exploring continuous work
- Michael Cosenza – A Pathway to PDS Partnership: Using the PDSEA Protocol
- Fogg, Julia – Finding Jesus at the Border: Opening Our Hearts to the Stories of Our Immigrant Neighbors
- Cynthia Jew – Equity Partnerships - A Culturally Proficient Guide to Family, School, and Community Engagement
- Edlyn Pena – Communication Alternatives in Autism: Perspectives on Typing and Spelling Approaches for the Nonspeaking
- Sheridan Wigginton – Unmastering the Script: Education, Critical Race Theory, and the Struggle to Reconcile the Haitian Other in Dominican Identity
Past Years' Honorees