Community Partner Resources
Service and Leadership partners with community groups, public and non-profit organizations, schools, and initiatives in Ventura County and beyond to provide meaningful service and learning opportunities for the Cal Lutheran community. We aim to grow partnerships that enhance the experiences of our students and provide a positive impact on our world.
Service and Leadership community partners are organizations and groups who:
- Aim to have an ongoing relationship with the Service and Leadership and continue to work to strengthen this partnership
- Communicate roles for students and provide clear health and safety needs of volunteers
- Advocate for civic engagement and social justice through meaningful and impactful work in the community.
Civic Engagement Fair 2022
Join us for our third-annual Civic Engagement Fair! This year, we are excited to welcome partners back to campus on Tuesday, November 1st in Kingsmen Park from 12-3PM.
Community Partner Registration is open until October 8th. All partners will be provided one table and two chairs, special requests will be accommodated as best as we can! Email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Connect directly with our students and post volunteer opportunities through our online volunteer portal - CLUServes!
With an account on CLUServes your organization is able to:
- Post volunteer opportunities directly to CLU students (anything you need help with – in-person or virtual service, advocacy, fundraising initiatives, internships, research, etc.)
- List opportunities in many formats – ongoing need, specific day/time event, recurring, specific shifts, etc.)
- Indicate if an opportunity is virtual or in person
- Approve volunteer hours completed by students
- Share information about your organization on your profile
If you are a community organization interested in partnering with Service and Leadership beyond postings on CLUServes, please complete the Community Partner Interest Form. In your request, please be as specific as possible. After submitting this form, your request will be reviewed and a response will be sent to the contact listed on the form.
Please note that submitting a request for volunteers does not guarantee the fulfillment of your request. We kindly request that any changes to your posting be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This request form is intended to advertise current volunteer opportunities and connect CLU students with non-profit and community organizations interested in partnering with the university. Individuals needing specialized services (i.e. tutoring, babysitting, etc.) may post these opportunities with Cal Lutheran's Student Employment Office/Career Services.