Hotlines and Helplines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing: 1-800-799-4889
- Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio: 1-888-628-9454
- Los Robles Hospital Emergency Room: (805) 497-2727
- Centers for Disease Control: (800) 232-4636
- National Sexual Assault / Rape Hotline: (800) 656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
- Interface Help-Line Referral Service: (800) 339-9597
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
Grief and Loss
- Click here for CAPS' "Coping with Grief and Loss" handout.
- Click here for CAPS' "How to Be There for Someone Grieving" handout.
- Click here for "Grieving the Death of a Loved One" written by Dr. Eva Dittrich.
- Visit grief.com for additional resources.
- How to Cope with Trauma in a Time of Civil Unrest
- Click here for CAPS' "3 Ways to Cope with Election Stress" handout.
- Click here for CAPS' "Election Stress Over the Holidays" handout.
- Call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text "TalkWithUs" to 66746.
- Check out the free apps below, and this Guide to Living with Worry and Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty (available in dozens of languages).
- Click here for CDC's guide to mental health and coping.
- Click here for Active Minds' tips on working/studying from home.
- Click here for CAPS' "What to do when you can't do anything" self-care handout.
Our Favorite Apps
Follow CAPS on [instagram] @CLU_CAPS for more resources!
Substance Abuse Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Refuge Recovery (Mindfulness-based recovery)
- Al-Anon (Support for friends and family)
- Contact the CARE Team about any students of concern
- College Guide to Mental Health
- Jed Foundation's Mental Health Resource Center for college students
- ulifeline.org is an online resource for college mental health
- Half of Us provides mental health facts and resources for college students
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- The Jason Foundation employs a "grass roots" approach with dedication to the prevention of youth suicide