All services are confidential, solution-focused, and free of charge.
Students are eligible to receive up to 8 individual or relationship sessions each academic year.
What to expect
- Call or come in to set up an appointment.
- In emergency situations we can see you the same day.
- You will complete paperwork and meet with a clinician.
- Individual sessions are typically 45 minutes.
- Your therapist will help you explore what brought you in and what you would like to achieve.
- You and your therapist will discuss a plan for your well-being.
Recording of sessions
Some CAPS therapists are currently in training and are under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. Pre-licensure therapists record their sessions, however this is never done until after you have consented in writing.
CAPS takes the privacy of your personal information very seriously. We will protect your privacy as much as we are permitted to by law. For clarification on how and when CAPS may need to release information, please see our Counseling Privacy form.