People seek individual therapy for a variety of reasons. Individual therapy is a time to focus on yourself, your strengths, and your areas for growth. During the initial phase of treatment, you and your therapist will create a plan for growth and healing.
Currently enrolled students are eligible to receive up to 8 individual sessions each academic year. Individual sessions are typically 45 minutes.
Goals of individual therapy may include:
- Healing past wounds and experiencing emotional wellness
- Learning communication skills and conflict resolution
- Increasing the ability to create and nurture lasting relationships
- Reducing anxiety or depression
- Recovering from trauma
- Navigating life’s transitions
- Balancing work, school, social, and family life
- Learning to cope with chronic or life-threatening illness
- Strengthening and integrating your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual self