Congratulations! You are at the end of your academic program and about to graduate.
Preparing to graduate
There are a few steps you need to take.
You must apply to graduate whether you plan to be in the ceremony or not.
You can apply online or in the Registrar's office.
Be sure to give them an address where your diploma and transcripts can be mailed.
If you are participating in the graduation ceremony, you order your clothing from the campus bookstore. Tell them whether you are an undergraduate or graduate student.
If you are a graduate student, they will need to know what degree you are earning so they can order the correct color of hood.
There are two forms. These are needed for both Cal Lutheran and Immigration:
- The Registrar form lets other offices know that you are leaving so they can close your account.
- The International Student Services form alerts our office to let Immigration know.
Each May, Cal Lutheran holds a graduation ceremony for students who have completed their academic program or are one class away from graduation. We encourage you to participate. Learn more
Options after graduation
There are three options available to you as you finish your academic program:
- Leave the U.S. within 60 days of graduation. This gives you time to see whatever you've missed in the U.S. But you must be out of the country within 60 days.
- Be scheduled to start a new academic program in the next available term for a different degree or program.
- Apply and begin post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT) within 60 days. The application process requires a one-hour appointment with us to fill out the paperwork. Learn more