The mission of Intramural Sports is to bring together students who inspire teamwork and healthy lifestyle while having fun and competing in a friendly environment. That is why it is important to state the following:
- Physical or verbal abuse of the officials or student interns will not be tolerated. Individuals who do so will be ejected from the game, and will not be able to play again until meeting with the Wellness Coordinator and possibly, may be subject to campus disciplinary action with the Judicial Affairs Office. Physical abuse of any nature could possibly result in having official charges filed with the Thousand Oaks Police Department. Ejections result in an automatic suspension for that game and the next, unless the student meets with the Wellness Coordinator before the next match. Any person or team who has been ejected will be on suspension for the remainder of the year.
- The presence of alcohol or other drugs consumed on the premises or before coming to the premises will not be tolerated. If alcohol or other drugs are suspected, the Wellness Coordinator (or his/her/their delegate) has the right to eject a player or ask a fan to leave the premises.
- Alcohol and Intramurals do not mix - This will be strictly enforced this, if you come with alcohol in your system and it is detected to any degree you will be asked to leave, if it happens twice you not be allowed to participate the rest of the semester. The third time you are out for the remainder of the year.
- Only team captains have the right to approach officials to question a call or discuss the rules, and this can only be done during time-outs in a polite manner. Officials will only talk to the team captains, and will not talk with them if they are using profanity or threatening behavior.
- Profanity or aggressive gestures towards other players / officials / coordinators / or administrators will not be tolerated and could possibly result in an ejection from the game and possibly from the intramural season.
- Verbal abuse of any kind towards anyone in the facility could result in an ejection or possible removal from Intramural Sports.
- Fighting will result in an immediate ejection.
- A participant will be ejected if they mistreat the facilities or equipment.
- Captains may also be ejected from the game for the behavior of their team.
If you violate any of the previously stated items you are subject to penalty. Minor penalties will cover leaving the intramural facility for the night. Major penalties will result in suspension in ejection from the league and possibly intramurals for the entire year. These penalties are at the discretion of the Wellness Coordinator (or his/her/theri delegate) in accordance with reports from the Intramural officials.
Remember that officiating is not an easy job, and that in an ideal world we would have more officials per game, or paid professionals. However, this is not the case, so please respect the job they are doing! They make calls the best that they can see them. You are not perfect and neither are they. Thank you for your understanding and participation!
Cal Lutheran is committed to promoting sportsmanship. At any time a player (student, faculty, or staff) is not playing with good sportsmanship they can be removed from the game by any Intramural Sports Staff member (referee, intern, or Wellness Coordinator). This person will then have to meet with the Wellness Coordinator, before he/she/they can participate. If poor sportsmanship is an ongoing issue a player can be taken out of the league indefinitely by the Wellness Coordinator.
- League Sports cost $40 per team. Tournaments have no fee unless noted otherwise.
- League schedules and tournaments have limited space and team registration is on a first come first serve basis!
- Any players that are ejected or removed from an intramural contest will be automatically suspended for their team’s following contest as well, unless he or she sets up a meeting with the Wellness Coordinator before their following contest. Any player that gets ejected twice over a season will be suspended from that sport for the rest of the semester, and possibly from all intramural activity, at the discretion of the Wellness Coordinator.
- Team captains are expected to maintain control of their players. Only team captains will be allowed to discuss rule judgments with intramural officials; arguing with or harassing officials will not be tolerated. If a player is ejected from an intramural contest, their team captain will also sit out the rest of the game (but not suspended for any additional contests.)
- A team that forfeits at least one game during an intramural season will not have their forfeit fee ($20) returned. Additionally, if you forfeit two games in a season, your team will be given an additional loss to their record for every game you forfeit for the rest of the season.
- All players must bring their Cal Lutheran ID cards to every intramural game and check in with intramural staff, or they will not be allowed to compete. Check in will be open 10 minutes before each game and continue until all games have started.
- All players are required to individually register on the intramural website for all sports they wish to participate in, as well as read and agree to both the Intramural Code of Conduct and Liability Waiver. This is a separate process to being registered by their team captain for team registration. You will not be allowed to participate until both registrations are completed. Tournaments require separate Individual Registration even if you are individually registered for other intramural programs.
- The team registration deadline and captains meeting information is posted on the Intramural Sports home page. Any teams that are not registered by team registration deadline will not be allowed to participate. Individual registration for each player must be completed before the first intramural game in order to compete in the leagues or tournaments.
- Teams will have one month from the first intramural game to set their team’s rosters. The deadlines for setting the team rosters are posted on the Intramural Sports home page. After these dates you will not be allowed to add any additional players to your team.
- No food or drink aside from water will be allowed in the Soiland Gym or Gilbert Arena.
Every student planning on participating in Intramurals on campus must complete the mandatory liability waiver. This waiver can be completed in the Individual Registration Process.