Before you come to New Student Orientation on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 there are a few things you need to have completed. Below is a check list of the actions you need to take. If you have completed each of these items your check-in will be expedited.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact any of the offices listed below or call (805) 493-3197 or email us at email@example.com.
1. Your MyCLU account.
Make sure you are able to access your MyCLU Account by changing the default password if you have not already done so. If you do not know your username or default password please contact the Help Desk at (805) 493-3698 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to www.callutheran.edu/password
- Enter the username and default password you were given in your admission materials.
- Choose a new password that only you will remember. Click "Change Password" to confirm.
2. MyCLU Portal & Cal Lutheran Email.
The MyCLU Portal is a single access point for your e-mail, WebAdvisor, course syllabi, Blackboard, and more.
- Log in at www.callutheran.edu/myclu
- Check your email at least once per week through the summer and academic year. Offices such as Financial Aid, Registrar, and Student Accounts will only use this email address to contact you.
3. Submit a Housing Application, Deposit, and Check-in Form (preferred deadline: December 15, 2017).
If you are planning to live on campus, you will need to complete an online Housing Application and Contract. This is your opportunity to help us find a roommate that matches your interests, so please answer all questions as honestly and completely as possible.
- Complete the Housing Application
- Submit your housing deposit at www.callutheran.edu/deposit
- Complete the Residence Hall Check-in form
4. Return Health Services Forms by January 3, 2018.
All students must complete and send in all Health Services forms. They can be found on the Admitted Students website at www.callutheran.edu/admitted.
For questions regarding Health Services, please call (805) 493-3225.
5. Get Financial Clearance by January 5, 2018.
Financial clearance is achieved when two things happen:
- You complete the Payment Contract by January 5, 2018; and
- One of the following:
- You make your payment for the estimated balance due on the pre-bill, via check or cash
- OR You sign up for a Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) to schedule automatic payments covering their outstanding account balance
- OR Your financial aid more than covers the tuition, fees, room and board expenses
For questions regarding your account, please email email@example.com.
6. Complete Financial Aid Information by January 5, 2018.
To learn more about this item, visit the Financial Aid: Next Steps website.
- File your FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
- View and accept your Financial Aid award through WebAdvisor. If you are accepting loans, then proceed to complete the loan application process by clicking on the link "Apply for Loans"
- If needed, submit additional verification documents.
For questions regarding financial aid packages and loans, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 493-3291.
7. Register for New Student Orientation by January 11, 2018.
- Register online here
- Given that there are a few meals for you and your guests during New Student Orientation, we need to know how many people will be attending.
8. Submit the Forrest Fitness Center Waiver by January 12, 2018.
The Forrest Fitness Center is available for use by all currently enrolled students. Students must fill out the online liability waiver prior to use. Find it here: Waiver and Release Agreement.
For questions regarding the Forrest Fitness Center, please email email@example.com.
9. Register your Vehicle for a Free Parking Permit.
Complete the Vehicle Registration form to receive a permit for your vehicle.
10. Get your Cal Lutheran ID Card.
You will need to submit your picture to Campus Safety for your Cal Lutheran ID card. You should do this before New Student Orientation. Your ID card will be issued to you when you arrive for orientation. For questions regarding Campus Safety, please contact Campus Safety via the non-emergency line at (805) 493-3208.