Submit Your Cal Lutheran Application
The first step is to submit your application to the Study Abroad Center. Once you have submitted an online application you will receive an e-mail explaining your next steps in the process.
- October 1: Spring semester programs
- November 1: Fall Oxford Program
- March 1: Fall and summer programs
We recommend applying early, up to a year in advance.
- Online Application
- Send Supporting Documents to the Study Abroad Center
- Transcript copy from WebAdvisor (Course Summary)
- Financial Aid Award Letter copy from WebAdvisor
- Passport photocopy or scan
- CLU Program to Oxford Application
- Create a Traveler Profile
- Upload supporting documents in application
- Judicial Eligibility and 2.8 GPA
- Interview Appointment or Interest Meeting
The poet Ezra Pound's rallying cry for modern poetry was "make it new!" He knew that poetry could enable us to experience our world and our lives from a completely different perspective. Travel - especially study abroad - is the ultimate experience in making it new if you are open to that possibility and engaged with the culture and people around you.--Marja Mogk, Assistant Professor of English
Study Abroad Registration Fee
A $200 enrollment fee is applied to your student account on April 15 for summer and fall terms, and November 15 for the spring term. This administrative fee confirms your participation in your chosen program and facilitates the study abroad process.
Program Tuition and Fees
All students issued acceptance letters will be enrolled in the program for which they have been accepted and will be responsible for paying tuition and fees for the program. Please see the costs, fees & financial aid section for more information.
Students who wish to withdraw or defer must complete the Cal Lutheran Study Abroad Center Withdrawal/Deferral form which must be signed by the Study Abroad Director. Students who withdraw or defer their participation after April 15 for summer and fall terms or November 15 for the spring term will not be refunded the $200 Study Abroad Registration Fee.
Your application to study abroad can be submitted online.