Pre-Departure Orientation Meeting & Dinner
Before you journey abroad, you'll attend two orientation events on campus that are designed to help you prepare for your upcoming study abroad experience!
An informative meeting for all outbound students where you will receive important
- The "Maximizing Study Abroad" publication, designed to help you navigate the challenges and make the most of your experience.
- Cal Lutheran's Study Abroad Handbook with academic policies and important travel information.
- Pre-Departure Packet with all the required forms in one place, as well as the Course Approval record.
Meet other students who will be studying abroad! Discussion will involve important next steps, how your financial aid will be applied, guidance about health and safety, and details about the approval process for study abroad courses to fulfill major/minor/core requirements. Students who have studied abroad will be on hand to give you helpful tips and to answer questions.
Choose one of the following dates to attend:
- Wednesday, Oct 10, 2018
Swenson 101 & 102
- Thursday, Oct 11, 2018
Ullman 100 & 101
Final orientation meeting and send-off dinner for all outbound students which will
- Important announcements and timely reminders
- A video on health and safety topics for study abroad students
- Peer mentor-led discussions about the locations where you will be studying
- Q & A with study abroad advisors
Pre-Departure Orientation Dinner