Insurance While Abroad
- ISIC Insurance
All Cal Lutheran students studying off-campus are issued an International Student ID Card (ISIC). This card provides students with many benefits, one being a supplementary form of travel insurance. Insurance is valid for one year from the date of issue.
The following benefits and services are included with your ISIC card:
Amount Description $250,000 Emergency Medical Evacuation 100% UCR* Air Ambulance $300 per day
up to $3,000
Accompaniment $5,000 Continuation 100% UCR* Repatriation for Medical Treatment
Emergency and Accidental Medical Treatment, including:
- Acute/emergency Sickness and Injury
- Treatment by authorized physicians, nurses and specialists
- Hospitalization (semi-private rooms)
- Surgery, anesthesiologist
- Prescribed medicines, dressings
- Local transport to and from the place of treatment
- Medically necessary durable medical equipment
$2,500 Treatment by physiotherapists and chiropractors $10,000 Limited motorcycle and sports vehicle coverage for injuries only $500 Emergency dental treatment for immediate relief of pain $2,500 Mental Health - Inpatient and Outpatient $10,000 Pre-Existing Conditions (including acute) $50,000 Repatriation of Mortal Remains $100 Baggage Delay
$100 per day
up to $250
Travel Delay after the first 24-hours
$1,000 (24 Hours)
$5,000 (Common Carrier)
Accidental Death & Disability / Permanent Total Disability
*UCR: Usual, Customary and Reasonable.
Insurance Claims Information
Notice of Claim
In the event of a claim, please go to the Insurer's website at www.gbg.com to access the TRAVEL CLAIM FORM. You may file your claims electronically to the Insurer by following the instructions on the form.
Required for all claims:
1. A signed and fully completed claim form must be submitted with each claim.
2. All claims must be submitted with proof of travel including flight records.
3. Medical Records: Doctors’ Notes Reports, Bills, Receipts including names and addresses.
4. Proof of loss and detailed description of loss.
5. Police Reports (if applicable).
6. Baggage Loss/Theft (if applicable) – Airline records MUST INCLUDE confirmation of claim including phone
numbers and any applicable reports from the Common Carrier.
7. Any additional documentation requested by the Insurer to support Your claim.
For Emergency Assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days per week during your trip, contact GBG Assist at:
- (866) 914-5333 toll free from within the US
- (905) 669-4920 collect from outside the US
Where to present a claim
All claims should be presented to the Global Benefits Group, Inc. (GBG Assist)
- Your International Identity Card number
- Date of card issue
- Trip dates
- Location where your card was issued (California Lutheran University, Thousand Oaks, CA)
Additional Claims Information
Baggage Delay Claims
- Proof of travel - either a trip invoice with costs, or an itinerary or a copy of airline tickets
- List of claimed items
- Original receipts
- Proof of reason for claim -ex: a copy of the incident report filed with the airline
Medical Expenses Claims
- Proof of trip payment - either a copy of canceled check (front and back), a credit card statement, a cash receipt, or a paid invoice verifying amount paid for trip and dates of payment
- Original doctor, hospital or prescription receipts
- Explanation of benefits from any other applicable insurance
- Pertinent medical records
For complete ISIC insurance information and claims procedures, please view the plan information:
- EIIA International Travel Program
All CLU students and faculty are covered by EIIA while on institution sponsored programs outside of the U.S., its territories and possessions, and Canada.
The following benefits and services are included with your EIIA coverage:
Amount Description $200,000 Accidental death & Dismemberment - Each insured person $2,000,000 Accidental death & Dismemberment - Aggregate any one accident all insured persons $100,000 Emergency medical expenses - Each insured person each injury or sickness $1,000,000 Emergency medical evacuation (must be pre-certified by Seven Corners) $1,000,000 Repatriation of remains - Each insured person each injury or sickness
Travel Accident and Sickness
Emergency Medical Expenses ($100,000 each insured person each injury or sickness):
- The initial loss must occur while the eligible person is participating in an institution-sponsored overseas trips.
- No deductible applies for services.
- Natural Disaster Evacuation coverage up to $100,000 limit per person, and $1,000,000 per event.
- Security Evacuation 100% coverage of usual and customary charges
- Trip Interuption coverage up to $2,000 per insured person per policy year/and lifetime maximum, 3 day maximum benefit period.
- Trip Cancellation coverage up to $2,000 lifetime maximum per insured person
- Pre-existing conditions are covered up to $25,000 per person, but treatment must be on an emergency bases and not for normal follow ups or prescriptions.
- Unlimited personal sojourn for pre- or post- trip travel outside the U.S.
Major Medical Exclusions(s):
Loss incurred as a result of: AIDS, routine or elective care, normal dental, pregnancy or pregnancy related procedures including abortion (unless an emergency), ans loss due to participation in specified athletic sporting events.*
Payments under this policy will be made in full compliance with any OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) trade sections.
**Specific athletic sporting events include, but are not limited to: football, boxing, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, martial arts, rodeo, skiing (water or snow), surfing, swimming, diving, wrestling, basketball, baseball, and equestrian are excluded when participating in the event professionally or when representing the institution as part of the institution's athletic program.
Excluded at all times: skydiving/parachuting, hang gliding, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, pot-holing, zip-lining, and motorcycle riding.
Scuba diving is excluded at all times except as an assigned part of curriculum of study for credit.
Seven Corners Assist 24/7 Emergency Assistance:
Call toll-free in the US 1-844-EIIA360 or 1-844-344-2360
Call collect international +1-317-818-2097
Email Address: EIIA.email@example.com
- Group Name: EIIA
- Group ID: LTG 273330
In case of a medical emergency, we recommend making your phone calls in the following order:
- Call the emergency number of the international director provided by your campus or call the host country equivalent of 911 for a serious and/or life threatening medical emergency.
- Call Seven Corners for all emergency travel, accident and sickness assistance. Call their worldwide collect number at +1-317-818-2097. Don't forget to ask for a claim number.
- Call the international office at your host institution or your institution's professor traveling with your group and give them the claim number.
- Call your Institution's Study Abroad Coordinator and give them the claim number.
- Call your family and give them the claim number.
Who is Seven Corners?
Seven Corners is the Travel Assistance Service provider for EIIA International Travel Program.
When should I contact Seven Corners?
Coordinators are available 24-hours a day, every day of the year . Many times people assume that the services are to be used only in serious cases. Be assured that Seven Corners is there to help you with any type of problem regardless of the severity.
For information about submitting a claim, please refer to the Claim Process on the EIIA website